Question

RQ Top Student
Top Student
RQ
Message 1 of 18 (4,951 Views)

HP CLJ CM1312NFI color Alignment Problem

i have CLJ CM1312NFI printer and it has color alignment issue. magenta color is totaly out of alignment kindly someone help.

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 2 of 18 (4,917 Views)

Re: HP CLJ CM1312NFI color Alignment Problem

Have you tried calibrating  the product to align the colors. Below are the instructions:

Print the Diagnostics Page from the Reports menu on the control panel to check the color alignment. If the blocks of color on that page are not aligned with each other, you need to calibrate the product.

1. On the product control panel, open the System Setup menu.

2. Open the Print Quality menu, and select the Color Calibration item.

3. Select the Calibrate Now option.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

RQ Top Student
Top Student
RQ
Message 3 of 18 (4,908 Views)

After calibration its adjust a bit but not completely. slightly out kindly help

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 4 of 18 (4,899 Views)

Please repeat the calibration steps until you have it in alignment. Sometimes it takes up to 3 calibrations for best results.

Cleaning and Calibrating the Printer

I am an HP employee.

RQ Top Student
Top Student
RQ
Message 5 of 18 (4,890 Views)

i have done all these given solutions But still facing problem, color alignment still out i have check the toner cart as well but they are working good with other printer.

RQ Top Student
Top Student
RQ
Message 6 of 18 (4,876 Views)

Hi Experts.

please help me out .. there is no Hardware issue in it thats for sure. if anyone of you ppl know plz help me to resolve this issue. i have calibrate the printer 3time but still the alignment out!!!!

Student
DavidTwn
Message 7 of 18 (4,846 Views)

I am facing the same problem now. I had calibrated it for several times. I had also reset it in 3 different ways according to the instruction from HP supporting document. It just doesn't work properly.
Maybe upgrade the firmware can help us out.
RQ Top Student
Top Student
RQ
Message 8 of 18 (4,829 Views)

i have updated firmware as well but problem still the same. please help .

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 9 of 18 (4,815 Views)

If you have upgraded to the lastest firmware (dated 2/28/2011) that is posted on the cm1312nfi page and recalibrated again and are still continuing to experiencing this issue, the please try an NVRAM reset then recalibrate. Here are the instructions for the NVRAM reset:

1. Turn the product off.

2. Simultaneously press the right arrow button and the Cancel button . Hold these buttons as

you turn the product on.

3. When Permanent storage init. appears on the display, release both buttons.

When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

If you still continue to experience the same calibration issue then you need to take your machine to an authorized service provider, if your machine is out of warrenty,  or call 1-800-HP-Cares, if your machine is still in warrenty.

I am an HP employee.

Student
zolotiyeruki
Message 10 of 18 (4,675 Views)

I too am having this same alignment issue with my CM1312nfi.  I have run the calibration several times with no noticeable improvement, and also upgraded the firmware, reset the NVRAM, and recalibrated per AuntieEm's instructions, with no change in behavior.

When I print off the diagnostics page, the colors all appear to be in perfect alignment on the right side of the page, but are out of vertical alignment on the left.  Magenta is the worst (relative to black), shifted about 1/16" down, but cyan is also shifted down slightly and yellow is shifted just a hair upwards.

I imagine there's a way to manually specify the calibration values in the printer, in which case I could fix it myself, but there's nothing in the manual about how to do it.  I also seem to recall (though I could be mistaken) a process where I printed off a calibration page, then scanned it, and the printer used the scan to calibrate the color.

We really have loved this printer, but with the alignment as poor as it currently is, it's pretty much useless.  Any help would be much appreciated. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation