Question

Student
PaulLosAngeles
Message 1 of 4 (1,079 Views)

HP CM1312nfi MFP Printer

Have owned this printer for several months now. Two things: It chooses to calibrate once a day and sometimes it happens right when I'm working, which forces me to stop until its done, which takes a few minutes. Very frustrating that I cannot delay the calibration in any way. Second, I have replaced the color ink cartridges on two occasions now and in both instances the Printer menu has prompted me to replace all the colors within days of each other. I cannot help but feel these printers are programmed to do this, regardless of whether the cartridge needs refilling or not.  This leads me to suspect that HP is interested in pushing consumables over letting their customers get their money's worth out of each cartridge. While the overall quality is great for the price of the printer, I suspect in the long run I may pay more. I have been an HP customer since the 1980's..a long time. And while I like this product, I am beginning to see some things I really don't like, which will likely prompt me to shop around in the future.
Honor Student
yaffawie
Message 2 of 4 (715 Views)

Re: HP CM1312nfi MFP Printer

I am Agree with you

Student
AV8R525
Message 3 of 4 (527 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is the worst printer I have ever owned, cannot print multiple enveloped without a jam, repetitively enters the "cool down mode" after only a few items printed.  This printer replaced my HP Laserjet 2840 which I LOVED and was excellent for small business needs.  Apparently the 2840 is no longer in production or I would own a new one now!

I have always paid the high price of HP ink because there equipment was always reliable.  I will be looking at other manufacturer's models soon.

Student
domsac
Message 4 of 4 (489 Views)

I agree with all of the above:

Takes forever to calibrate

Calibrates randomly

Forces you to chnage toners all within a few days of each other.  When you shake the toner you can hear/feel toner still in it.

HP user for many years.  I am looking for another brand. What a dissapointment.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation