Question

Student
Knight42
Message 1 of 3 (313 Views)

HP CP2025dn Windows 7 Duplexing

OK, so I recently received a HP CP2025dn color laserjet printer for use in our bookkeeping department. I installed it yesterday and set up the duplexing on the printer through Windows 7. I have it set to duplex to a single page, as it should. The problem is that it prints the first page, sucks it back into the printer, holds on to it for a second, shoots the page out, and then repeats the process for the back of the page with a new sheet of paper. So, it looks like it is trying to duplex but it is still using (2) pages. I've checked and double checked the settings in Windows 7 but don't see anything that I might have missed.

Any assistance in this is appreciated!

Thank you.

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 3 (289 Views)

Re: HP CP2025dn Windows 7 Duplexing

Hi knight42; 

Hope you are doing well;

Bear in mind, this is a commercial product. I suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support for a better chance at finding a prompt solution.

You may find the commercial Laserjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Thanks;
RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 3 of 3 (201 Views)

Re: HP CP2025dn Windows 7 Duplexing

Hello Knight42,

Not knowing what your OS is or if your are using the Universal Print Driver (UPD) or the full solution print driver, I have listed several different things for you to check that might help with your issue:

1. Make sure that you are using the newest Firmware that is available at hp.com. cp2025 product page

2. Check to make sure that all your duplex settings are set correctly. You can set them in your printer properties and through your application. One of these settings may be overriding the other.

3. Here is a document that might be of help. It is reference the UPD driver that might be conflicting with your auto-duplex setting. If you have this driver on your system, this might be your issue. Unable to Print in Color or Unable to Auto-Duplex (Two-Sided Printing Fails) after installing the UP...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation