Question

Top Student
PMorgan
Message 1 of 22 (26,890 Views)

HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Drivers for Win 7

I recently  bought  an HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP printer and went to the HP site to download drivers for Win 7.  I was totally confused as to which one to use:

1)HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Series Full Solution EMEA1

2)HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Series Full Solution AP

3)HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Series Full Solution EMEA2

4)HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Series Full Solution EMEA3

Can anyone tell me how these differ from each other or which one is best for using the scan, fax, and printing features of this printer?

Regards,

- - Phil

Student
robibalh
Message 2 of 22 (26,864 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Drivers for Win 7

I have upgraded software to Windows 7 , and from that time I am not able  to use my printer HP colorLaserjet cm 1312 mfp correctly . And HP page is not useful to help me to solve the problem . Have somebody solved it ?

thx  for help

Top Student
PMorgan
Message 3 of 22 (26,850 Views)

robibalh wrote:

I have upgraded software to Windows 7 , and from that time I am not able  to use my printer HP colorLaserjet cm 1312 mfp correctly . And HP page is not useful to help me to solve the problem . Have somebody solved it ?

thx  for help

I don't have any problems printing or faxing, etc., under Win7 with the "Full Solution" drivers.... I just don't know why HP lists three different versions without distinguishing them from each other.  
What did you upgrade from?  Did you uninstall previous drivers and then install one of the "full solution" drivers?
Regards,
 - - Phil

Honor Student
baphomet_123
Message 4 of 22 (26,774 Views)

I believe they are for different language support. Normally, if you click on the name of the file, it will give you a full description of the product.

Top Student
PMorgan
Message 5 of 22 (26,702 Views)

baphomet_123 wrote:

I believe they are for different language support. Normally, if you click on the name of the file, it will give you a full description of the product.

If you go and take a look, they all give teh same description when you click on them.  AFAICT, after installing each, they are all the same yet they can't be.  Whatever is different is not obvious however.  

HELP!.  

Regards,

- - Phil

Top Student
PMorgan
Message 6 of 22 (26,408 Views)

Does HP ever look at these posts?  They are in the BEST position to explain what the differeences between these drivers are.

Honor Student
Taza
Message 7 of 22 (25,183 Views)

PMorgan,

Did you ever distinguish between these four Software & Drivers?  Which model of HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP do you have? As I have the HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP "nfi".

It has been a nightmare for over a year of having this printer as I have had problems with the install many times for over a years' period of time. Support was not very helpful and they had trouble helping install this software and I never understood which one they were installing. My old laptop died and I have had to install the below software on my new hp computer and it has been a nightmare.

1)HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Series Full Solution EMEA1

2)HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Series Full Solution AP

3)HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Series Full Solution EMEA2

4)HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Series Full Solution EMEA3

Lynn

Student
moose4098
Message 8 of 22 (25,110 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP problem with printer

I have had my printer for a few years and i've had nothing but trouble with it since I purchased windows 7.  I downloaded drivers from off the HP web site and installed them.  I can get the printer working and fax and scanner.  but in a day or so I get the error message "there is no TWAIN-compliant device installed.  Please install one and try again".  yester day i completely unistalled everything there was to do with HP.  and Started from scratch with the downloaded file "CM1312series-win7-full-solution-AM-EMEA1-v5.1" and got the scanner working and printer.  This morning I go to scan something and I am getting the error message again.  I called HP support and they want to charge me to fix their software.   I can't believe that.  I have called them in the past while under warranty.  and they just jury fixed the problem.  now that its out of warranty they want to charge 50 bucks to fix it. 

any one else find a fix for this problem?   i can't be reinstalling ever morning to scan a couple of documents.

I can't imagine me purchasing another HP product. 

Good 2 Go Computer Solutions

Warren

Honor Student
Dr_Tamer
Message 9 of 22 (20,905 Views)

Hi, 

I got the same problem but it was so easy to solve it. Just follow me

1- Insert the original cd. 

2- Open or browse the cd contents.

3- Look for the application icon which called "Setup".

4- Right click on that icon and choose "Properties" from the the menu.

5- Choose "Compitabilty" menu from the upper choices gride.

6- On the lower section there's a button named "Change settings for all users" press it.

7- It'll open the compitabilty for all users menu check  mark "Run this program in compitabilty mode for:" and choose from the lower menu "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)"

8- Go to the last section which named "Privilege Level" and check mark "Run this program as an administrator"

9- Press Ok. 

10- Run the setup from this icon with double click.

Congratulations, Enjoy it.

Student
snapind
Message 10 of 22 (18,030 Views)

Why does HP not give the answer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation