HP Color LaserJet CP2025 in Windows 7 64-bit... installed, doesn't print (5761 Views)
Top Student
cmfjon
Message 1 of 5 (5,761 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Color LaserJet CP2025 in Windows 7 64-bit... installed, doesn't print

HP Color LaserJet CP2025 / Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

I've gone through all the steps set out on the HP website (didn't use the product CD, plugged it into USB, let Windows Update find the driver: the latest HP Color LaserJect CP2020 Series PCL6 for 64-bit shows in Printer Server Properties), Windows' Printer Fix-it says it's problem-free, only one of the four diagnostic tools/wizards that HP provides actually support this printer (1 out of 4... really!) and that one tool say it's fine.. when it's not.

When I send a job to the HP printer, it does nothing. No print queue/job is created (the queue is empty... always). So far, a terrible experience... no support for Windows 7 in the basic installation, then no support for this HP printer by HP diagnostic tools. A complete runaround... I'm about to return it to Amazon for a refund, and enter negative feedback to warn off everyone else who might expect Windows 7 support by now, and certainly support by HP diagnostic tools and "wizards" for an actual, HP product.

Does anyone out there have a similar problem, and more importantly, an actual solution.

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 2 of 5 (5,727 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet CP2025 in Windows 7 64-bit... installed, doesn't print

I pulled up the document that lists the steps on installing drivers using win7 64 bit with the cp2025 and successfully printed a test page. I then printed a page from Word 2010. So here is what I would like you to do.

1. delete the printer from your printer and devices folder. Go to folder and use the remove device on top task bar.

Make sure all copies of this printer have been removed.

2. Reboot your computer.

3. Plug the USB cable for the printer in and re-install the printer.

4. set at default printer. Right click > set as default printer.

5. Right click on printer again > click printer properties > general tab > at bottom of general tab, click print test page. If this is successful, you should be able to print from your other programs.

When you install a printer with a USB cable, it will automatically install the driver. You shouldn't have to go through the other steps. If you continue to have issues, pleasefeel free to post back here.

Reference document: Install the driver included in the Windows 7 operating system (OS)

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Top Student
cmfjon
Message 3 of 5 (5,721 Views)

I tried all that (before) but I tried it again... and no luck. So, I gave up trying with USB, and figured out how to use Ethernet direct to my PC. There are no good instructions with the printer on this... appears they are focused on using it in a LAN environment vs. a small home/office network. But it works now. Thanks for trying.

Student
DrAKSHAY
Message 4 of 5 (4,672 Views)

HP Color LaserJet CP2025 printer is provided with CD of HP Color LaserJet CP2020 series, but it does not contain any Windows -7 support. It was surprising company like HP has this kind of product delivered to customer with no support utlity provided for WINDOWS 7.

My buying of this printer has defeated my purpose. It is very unconfortable to use this printer as no properties are visible. I am unable to duplex printer. It looks waste for me now.

Student
ericlecarde
Message 5 of 5 (3,089 Views)

I think I found a workaround for this issue for networked printers since the drivers simply dont work. As far as I know there is no fix for this but this should get you by.

1. Start by installing a local IP printer using an unused or fake IP address.  During this process you will get the "additional port information required" screen.
  2. Choose the Jet Direct as the device type, select next, and then select the correct driver. In this case it’s “HP Color LaserJet CP5220 Series PCL6”.
  3. Name the printer what you want and then finish the install as normal. (this will search for the device on the network, not find it but it will still install)
  4. Once the install finishes change the port on the installed printer to the correct IP address and it should work. You must use the same port even though you cannot change the name.

I realize how frustrating this was and thought others would benifit. Later.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation