Question

Student
TheNightingale
Message 1 of 1 (1,567 Views)

HP DeskJet F380 not printing!

My printer (which is HP Deskjet F300 series - F380 to be precise) won't print. As far as I can tell the paper is not jammed. I can tell it's connected to my computer, because it boots up when I plug it in to my PC. Initially, it seems as though it's going to print (it makes "print-like" noises,) but then nothing happens. I am then told to load paper (even though there is already paper in it.) Finally, it goes offline. It won't allow me to put it back online via control panel > printers > use online. It just stays the same.

So as far as I can tell, it seems like the printer is either broken or there is a driver fault. I'm planning on re-installing the printer via the HP website (I've lost the disc,) but I have a few questions.

- When I went to download the new driver it said it would take 15 hours to download - do drivers really take this long?
- Do I need to unistall the old version of the printer before I download the new driver?
- Is there anything I need to save/back-up before re-installing the printer?

Any answers would be appreciated!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation