Question

Honor Student
Selak
Message 1 of 8 (494 Views)

HP Deskjet 1050 j410a paper size problem

My Printer is HP Deskjet 1050 All-in-One Printer - J410a, windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

I want to print my document form microsoft word. My page set up is A4 but the page set up of the printer is Letter, so the printer does not print the edge of my document.

When I check the printer preference It is difference from others. Please see the image below

hp.jpg

I go to advanced setting, in there, I change paper size to A4 but It doesn't work. When I check again the setting return to Letter.

Please help!

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 2 of 8 (474 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 1050 j410a paper size problem

Hi Selak,

I hate to hear you are having issues.  When the unit was installed, was the full feature software installed?  There are a few paths we can take, please see below.  If you would like more information about your product, Click Here

1. Uninstall software and reinstall latest version from web (be sure to completely remove software prior to installing new)

A. Click Here to download full feature software

1. Click + sign beside driver, then click download next to full feature software

or

2. A generic driver can be added

A. Click Here to access steps for that process

B. If you decide to utilize this option, use the deskjet 990c or 9800

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 3 of 8 (463 Views)

Hi Selak,

Are you still experiencing issues?  Were any of the suggestions successful?

Regards,

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
Thank You,
I work for HP.
Honor Student
Selak
Message 4 of 8 (454 Views)

Hi,

I am working on it. 

I uninstall the driver and download the driver with the link you provide. but It's does not work. It still give me the same issue. 

I folow your second option, It allow me to change paper size to A4 but It still not print the edge of my document. 

May be I miss something, Let me try to go around with the alternative driver fist then I will let you know.

I use Microsoft Word 2010, Windows 7 32bit

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 5 of 8 (441 Views)

Hi Selak,

Thanks for the response!  Let me know how it goes and we can go from there. 

Regards,

Thank You,
I work for HP.
Honor Student
Selak
Message 6 of 8 (427 Views)

Hi,

I don't think HP Deskjet 1050 j410a support A4 size paper. I use alternative driver and it doesn't work even though in the print preview I can see everything.

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 7 of 8 (416 Views)

Hi Selak,

Thanks for the response.  Yes, this printer supports that size, Click Here to view specifications.  This issue may be application specific, try printing the desired job from an alternate program.  Please see the steps below, and let me know what happens.

From Word:

1. Try printing in draft mode-under quality change setting and send print job

From alternate program (notepad, paint, open office, adobe):

1. Try printing with setting the specific size option

2. Send job

Let me know what happens in each of the above situations and we can go from there.

Regards,

Thank You,
I work for HP.
PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 8 of 8 (403 Views)

Hi Selak,

Are you still experiencing issues?  Were you able to complete the testing from the last post?

Let me know, I would be happy to provide additional information.

Regards,

Thank You,
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation