Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 1515 on windows 8.1

The printing preferences box is so limited for this printer.

We can only change 

- paper source + quality

-paper size

- print in grayscale

-HP real life technologies on/off

-booklet

-pages to print (all/odd/even)

-resolution

-pages per sheet layout

- print in max dpi

??? where to tick the "print preview" option ? We want to see layout before printing

??? where to tick the "double sided printing" option ? We want lessons to come out with both sided of the paper printed

PLEASE ADVISE ?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi kmc25,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I have done some research and I have found a great document that will assist you with the print settings. Please click on the following link for Changing Print Settings in Windows 8.

Please feel free to write me back if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers,   Smiley Happy

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem - "no print preview option". My OS is Windows 7- 64 bit

Spoiler
:indifferent:
Spoiler
Thanks in advance
HP Recommended

Hello 1Ashiya,

I see that you are having issues with the print settings on the computer.

I see that you are using Windows 7.  Just so you know, Windows 7 settings are almost identical to the Windows 8 settings with a few minor changes in the appearance.

You can actually get by with the document that I provided in the previous post.

Let me know how you make out and if you have any other questions, feel free to write me back.

Cheers,  :generic:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi there again,

Thanks for the feedback.

The solution you've provided does not provide information on how to activate "print preview" in the HP 1515 printer settings though.

Please assist - it's vital to "check" a document before actually printing it.

Thanks in advance 

HP Recommended

Good day,

I have the same issue, but I have MAC sotware (OS X Yosimite 10.10.3). Do you have a guide for me. I would really like to print two-sided. 

Thank You

HP Recommended

Hello again 1Ashiya,

Just in case you have an issue with the HP Software, I suggest we run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.  Please note any error codes or messages you may see.

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions, click here: click here.

Thanks once again for your time.   :LaughingTears:

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi BeateLouw,

I have done some research on double side printing and I was able to find the User Guide that explains in detail how to do Double sided printing.

Please go to the Print section and Print documents to find the instructions.

Thanks for your time.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Waterboy,

I am sorry but I am still struggling with the two-sided printing. The two-sided option is not available. Can you maybe give me clearer instructions on where to find the printing document. Also, I think it might be a software/ setup issue. I have deleted my software and I redownloaded it. I have a MacBook Air so I could not use the CD that came with the printer (no CD drive), but instead downloaded the software from the site. 

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

Hello again BeateLouw,

I see that you are still having an issue with the double sided printing.

Please refer to the Technical support number that I provided in my previous post.  HP Total Care will have greater resources to better assist you.

Cheers,  :LaughingTears:

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.