Question

Honor Student
palmtreep
Message 1 of 9 (8,733 Views)

HP Deskjet 2050a All-in-One Driver Issues

I just got this new printer, literally just got it out a few days ago, and I've been going crazy trying to get this thing working on my PC. The basic printer software installs just fine, but the drivers always come up as not being able to be installed. I thought maybe the problem was a Print Spooler error, which I received a few times, I went through and have followed things that Microsoft has stated in trying to fix the Print Spooler error. I also thought maybe checking for updated drivers would work, but unfortunatly, none of the download links will work when I try to download driver updates. I also tried to run the auto-update for it and it told me it was unable to connect to the download or it's unresponsive. I also tried with turning off my firewall and still nothing. Thanks for any help. I was going to contact support, but apparently they refuse to support their products unless you have a registered warrenty, which I think is a bit unprofessional and unhelpful to any customer.

Printer: HP Deskjet 2050-a

Thanks again,

- Derek

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 9 (8,711 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 2050a All-in-One Driver Issues

I would suggest you download the full featured driver from HP here. This is a driver released November 17, 2010 and is probably a later version that available on the product CD.   Disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer before running the installed and do not connect it until instructed to by the installer.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
palmtreep
Message 3 of 9 (8,705 Views)

Alrighty, thanks Bob. I'll try this out and let you know if I have any more issues. Much appreciated. I do apologize for the wall of text up there, just very frustrated at the time. I'll be back with an update.

Honor Student
palmtreep
Message 4 of 9 (8,685 Views)

Okay, I tried the download you gave me. The software itself installs just fine, but when it gets to the point where I'm to connect the USB, it tries to install the drivers for the printer and it says they cannot be installed. It tells me that the Print Spooler isn't started and needs to be started. So, I tried to start it manually by going to My Computer and righ-clicking, then to Manage>Services and Applications>Services. I spotted the Print Spooler on the list and right clicked and selected Start. I got an error that said "Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer. Error 13: Data is invalid. Any suggestions? I've spent weeks trying to get a printer working and can't seem to figure out the problem. Thanks again.

- Derek

Honor Student
palmtreep
Message 5 of 9 (8,495 Views)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Honor Student
Tanyasha
Message 6 of 9 (7,781 Views)

Hello, 

I've just bought new HP Deskjet 2050A. The software installs fine. The functions of scaner & copier are working fine.

But function of printing is not working at all.  I downloaded drivers from HP site for this printer but it didn't help. In the window of status of printing appeared always "printing error". 

Thanks for help,

Tanyasha

Student
rabbit1215
Message 7 of 9 (7,420 Views)

i need  help my pirter i have same thing help

Student
murshed99
Message 8 of 9 (4,451 Views)

palmtreep wrote:

I just got this new printer, literally just got it out a few days ago, and I've been going crazy trying to get this thing working on my PC. The basic printer software installs just fine, but the drivers always come up as not being able to be installed. I thought maybe the problem was a Print Spooler error, which I received a few times, I went through and have followed things that Microsoft has stated in trying to fix the Print Spooler error. I also thought maybe checking for updated drivers would work, but unfortunatly, none of the download links will work when I try to download driver updates. I also tried to run the auto-update for it and it told me it was unable to connect to the download or it's unresponsive. I also tried with turning off my firewall and still nothing. Thanks for any help. I was going to contact support, but apparently they refuse to support their products unless you have a registered warrenty, which I think is a bit unprofessional and unhelpful to any customer.

Thanks again,

- Derek

Student
sv11
Message 9 of 9 (2,311 Views)

palmtreep wrote:

Thanks again,

- Derek

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation