HP Deskjet 2515 All-in-One Printer (1550 Views)
Honor Student
kksid777
Message 1 of 11 (1,550 Views)

HP Deskjet 2515 All-in-One Printer

my printer is installed but my comp says the prog. called Usb setup.exec is not working.this has appeared on the screen now after troubleshooting in all possible ways with help from hp.com/support.PLEASE HELP

Intern
Ashokkan
Message 2 of 11 (1,536 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 2515 All-in-One Printer

1) Go to device manager ..  if the computer has win xp ..(then click on start->run and type devmgmt.msc ) or type devmgmt.msc in the start/search ... check if any of the devices has the exclaimation marks...  if there is .. then right click on that and choose update driver...

if there is no exclaimation mark ... then do a uninstall of the software and then reinstall ..

Uninstall : Start ->programs->hp->dj 2515 ->Uninstall..

and then reinstall the printer..

2) if the usb cable is connected to the front of the computer, then it might not be powerful enough to support the printer..

3) HP recommends using a USB cable of 2m( 3 feet) ... also if the USB cable is very old .. pleas change the cable

let me know, if this resolved the issue..

Regards,

Ashokkann

i work for HP.

Ashok ... HP..always working
Honor Student
kksid777
Message 3 of 11 (1,527 Views)

hello Ashokkan.thanks for replying 2 my query.yesterday occassionally my printer could connect with the comp. now my comp keeps flashing a)InstanceFinderDlg has stopped working,b) ANTI VIRUS PROG. IS ALSO AFFECTED REAL TIME SCANNING SWITCHES OFF,c) set screen saver has stopped working,d)USBSetupLauncher.exe has stopped working.do you still want me 2 proceed with ur instructions or should i call someone from the LENOVO team as my comp is within warranty  period.my COMP has Windows7 Home basic.   THANKS                                                                                                                                                   

Intern
Ashokkan
Message 4 of 11 (1,507 Views)

Hi sir,

Sorry for delay in replying...

As per your reply , if the computer is giving such problems, yes, it is better to  contact LENOVO ..

Best,

Ashokkan

Ashok ... HP..always working
Honor Student
johnrajesh
Message 5 of 11 (1,316 Views)

Greetings team,
Couple of days i purchased hp 2515 inkjet printer.when i try to print black n white prints it is printing color prints.could u plz detail summary how to print black n white doc or photos.Thanks in advance
Honor Student
johnrajesh
Message 6 of 11 (1,315 Views)

[ Edited ]

My mail id is: {Private Information Removed}

Distinguished Professor
sabretooth04
Message 7 of 11 (1,307 Views)

Remove the printer and deinstall all software.  Download and install the newer full featured software and drivers from the HP web site here.  Now try.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5157...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I used to work for HP, but now I'm retired.
Student
nikkiecole
Message 8 of 11 (1,253 Views)

I just got a new printer for my computer which is VIAO. I do believe that I have windows xp installed. But every time that I put the CD in to install. All I get is this message. decodepointer could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dill How can i down load it.

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 9 of 11 (1,222 Views)

If you want to download the drivers from the web, here is a link to the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2515 Full Feature Software and Drivers for Windows XP (US driver). Verify you have the correct printer by clicking on the link here and you will see a picture of your printer on the right-hand side of this page.  Then select download.

In case you live in another region, go to www.hp.com/support and type in the model number of your printer under the green Drivers and Software tab. Select enter and then select your operating system to get a link to the best driver for you.  

To find the operating system of your PC, click on the Windows icon (start button) and right-click over My Computer/Computer and select Properties from the gray pop-up box.  You may want to do this first before trying to download and install the printer driver just to be sure. I hope this helps!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Student
saubhagya
Message 10 of 11 (1,053 Views)

i  have purchased hp 2515 deskjetjet printer. After refilling both the cartridge when i try to print black n white prints it is not printing but the white paper is back .could u plz detail summary how to print .After refilling both the cartridge it show the last level.plz rply it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation