12-24-2012 11:52 AM
my printer is installed but my comp says the prog. called Usb setup.exec is not working.this has appeared on the screen now after troubleshooting in all possible ways with help from hp.com/support.PLEASE HELP
12-25-2012 03:01 PM
1) Go to device manager .. if the computer has win xp ..(then click on start->run and type devmgmt.msc ) or type devmgmt.msc in the start/search ... check if any of the devices has the exclaimation marks... if there is .. then right click on that and choose update driver...
if there is no exclaimation mark ... then do a uninstall of the software and then reinstall ..
Uninstall : Start ->programs->hp->dj 2515 ->Uninstall..
and then reinstall the printer..
2) if the usb cable is connected to the front of the computer, then it might not be powerful enough to support the printer..
3) HP recommends using a USB cable of 2m( 3 feet) ... also if the USB cable is very old .. pleas change the cable
let me know, if this resolved the issue..
i work for HP.
12-25-2012 10:30 PM
hello Ashokkan.thanks for replying 2 my query.yesterday occassionally my printer could connect with the comp. now my comp keeps flashing a)InstanceFinderDlg has stopped working,b) ANTI VIRUS PROG. IS ALSO AFFECTED REAL TIME SCANNING SWITCHES OFF,c) set screen saver has stopped working,d)USBSetupLauncher.exe has stopped working.do you still want me 2 proceed with ur instructions or should i call someone from the LENOVO team as my comp is within warranty period.my COMP has Windows7 Home basic. THANKS
12-28-2012 01:24 PM
Sorry for delay in replying...
As per your reply , if the computer is giving such problems, yes, it is better to contact LENOVO ..
05-05-2013 01:12 PM
Couple of days i purchased hp 2515 inkjet printer.when i try to print black n white prints it is printing color prints.could u plz detail summary how to print black n white doc or photos.Thanks in advance
05-05-2013 04:42 PM
Remove the printer and deinstall all software. Download and install the newer full featured software and drivers from the HP web site here. Now try.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
05-19-2013 07:05 PM
I just got a new printer for my computer which is VIAO. I do believe that I have windows xp installed. But every time that I put the CD in to install. All I get is this message. decodepointer could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dill How can i down load it.
05-21-2013 01:39 PM
If you want to download the drivers from the web, here is a link to the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2515 Full Feature Software and Drivers for Windows XP (US driver). Verify you have the correct printer by clicking on the link here and you will see a picture of your printer on the right-hand side of this page. Then select download.
In case you live in another region, go to www.hp.com/support and type in the model number of your printer under the green Drivers and Software tab. Select enter and then select your operating system to get a link to the best driver for you.
To find the operating system of your PC, click on the Windows icon (start button) and right-click over My Computer/Computer and select Properties from the gray pop-up box. You may want to do this first before trying to download and install the printer driver just to be sure. I hope this helps!
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Every problem has a solution!
06-16-2013 11:10 AM
i have purchased hp 2515 deskjetjet printer. After refilling both the cartridge when i try to print black n white prints it is not printing but the white paper is back .could u plz detail summary how to print .After refilling both the cartridge it show the last level.plz rply it.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)