Question

Student
Begum37
Message 1 of 2 (792 Views)

HP Deskjet 2540 wireless?

I recently bought the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One and I have connected the printer to my internet connection through the cd set up (currently works whilst using cable.

However whenever I attempt to make it wireless, it comes up with the same message saying that it is unable to find the printer?

It gives me 'common fixes' to attempt, and I have attempted them all however nothing has worked. 

The laptop I am using is a Windows 7 HP Pavillion, and I would like to know if there is something wrong with my PC or the printer?

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 2 (766 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 2540 wireless?

Hi Begum37,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand you are unable to setup the printer on the wireless network.

I will be happy to help you.

Power reset the router.

Make sure the computer is on the correct network name.

There is a couple of ways that you can setup the wireless.

Method One.

WPS Setup.

Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for more than 3 seconds to start WPS push

mode. The Wireless status light starts blinking.

Press the WPS button on your router.

The product begins a timer for approximately two minutes while a wireless connection is

established.

Method Two.

Since you already have the printer installed you can configure the wireless through the USB connection.

1. Depending on your operating system, do one of the following:

Windows 8: On the Start screen, right-click an empty area on the screen, click All Apps on

the app bar.

Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the computer desktop, click Start,

select All Programs, click HP, click HP Deskjet 2540 series.

2. Click Printer Setup & Software.

3. Select Connect a new printer. Follow the on-screen instructions.

I believe that this will provide a resolution to your issue. Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation