Question

Student
sufguts
Message 1 of 1 (486 Views)

HP Deskjet 2540 won't print wireless when HP software is installed

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to set up my 2540 wirelessly on multiple PC's on my network. I can get it working on every one but my main PC (which is Windows 7 Pro). On the others I just "Add Network Printer" and used the windows drivers and didn't install the HP software, and it works fine. But on my main PC I want the scanner and ink levels and all that to work. As soon as I install the HP software and try to print it does nothing (in MS Office it gives the error "printer not ready") and shows 0 Documents pending in the tray.

It does print test pages from the HP Printer assistant, and the EWS, just not any regular windows programs

Print and scan doctor says it's fine. Turning off firewall is no help. Updated the newest driver from the website.

IP Address of printer is static, and ping works

Ping statistics for 192.168.22.230:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 7ms, Maximum = 126ms, Average = 52ms

Printing from mobile (android) works

Also scanning works just fine through the software

Not sure what else to try.

EDIT: now I can't get it to work at all, even after uninstalling the software and trying to Add Network Printer only

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation