Message 1 of 2 (278 Views)

HP Deskjet 3055A install problem

I have a brand new HP Pavillion laptop and a brand new deskjet 3055A printer, both purchased from Amazon.

I set up the printer with its ink cartridges, and did not plug in the USB cable, as instructed by the yellow sticker

The laptop does not have a DVD drive, so I downloaded the software from the HP website and attempted an install.

If I select wireless, and click next. the install software scans the network then tells me to plug in the USB cable,  which i do and the laptop bleeps, recognising that i have plugged something in, but the next button does not activate and i am stuck

So I cancel and try the USB install option and click next.  I am told to connect the USB cable,which I do, but I nothing happens.  The back button is there, and there is a skip button, greyed out

If I tick 'continue the installation without connecting...' i can skip.  which is my only choice now, and am instructed to launch the HP printer software from the windows 8 start menu to complete installation (and click on utilities and click  printer setup and software)

I went to the start menu and click on HP printer software and it said it was downloading something, but the progress bar didnt move for five minutes so i cancelled out.  The HP printer software button has now disappeared from the start screen.

I have tried this process around 10 times now, and used a different USB printer cable, and used all 3 USB ports on my laptop.

I figured that by having both pieces of hardware from HP it would be really easy to get them set up and now after four days I really regret my purchase.

I just want to be able to print!  Please help me

Regents Professor
Message 2 of 2 (254 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3055A install problem

Hi, did you dnload the 32-bit or 64-bit software for the 3055A?

Here is a link which should help in installing the 3055A.

Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation