Question

Student
mrsdawson
Message 1 of 2 (221 Views)

HP Deskjet 3055A install problem

Hi

I have a brand new HP Pavillion laptop and a brand new deskjet 3055A printer, both purchased from Amazon.

I set up the printer with its ink cartridges, and did not plug in the USB cable, as instructed by the yellow sticker

The laptop does not have a DVD drive, so I downloaded the software from the HP website and attempted an install.

If I select wireless, and click next. the install software scans the network then tells me to plug in the USB cable,  which i do and the laptop bleeps, recognising that i have plugged something in, but the next button does not activate and i am stuck

So I cancel and try the USB install option and click next.  I am told to connect the USB cable,which I do, but I nothing happens.  The back button is there, and there is a skip button, greyed out

If I tick 'continue the installation without connecting...' i can skip.  which is my only choice now, and am instructed to launch the HP printer software from the windows 8 start menu to complete installation (and click on utilities and click  printer setup and software)

I went to the start menu and click on HP printer software and it said it was downloading something, but the progress bar didnt move for five minutes so i cancelled out.  The HP printer software button has now disappeared from the start screen.

I have tried this process around 10 times now, and used a different USB printer cable, and used all 3 USB ports on my laptop.

I figured that by having both pieces of hardware from HP it would be really easy to get them set up and now after four days I really regret my purchase.

I just want to be able to print!  Please help me

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 2 (197 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3055A install problem

Hi, did you dnload the 32-bit or 64-bit software for the 3055A?

Here is a link which should help in installing the 3055A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation