Question

Honor Student
lildog69
Message 1 of 14 (1,483 Views)

HP Deskjet 3070 B611 - Wireless printer setup failing

HP Deskjet 3070 B611 - Wireless printer setup
i am unable to connect to the wireless feature for this printer. When connected via USB it is ok. however although i can "see" the HP  wireless connection on my PC when i try to configure the setup it fails to connect. The salesperson said i did not need to have my own wireless router setup as the HP printer (in effect) transmits it's own signal. Again although I  can see this signal if i try to configure the Printer setup to use it, it fails. Is there something else i need to do ? note i do not have a firewall configured (unless my Norton 360 virus checker is blocking this somehow. please advise if this might be the cause of the problem. I am runninf windows7

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 14 (1,478 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3070 B611 - Wireless printer setup failing

The sales person was partially correct.  The printer broadcasts its own network - for one hour after initial power-up.

You need a wireless router or plug it in via USB, sorry.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
kasperh
Message 3 of 14 (1,179 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a somewhat similar issue:

WiFi router

2 desktops (wired)

2 laptops (wifi)

the desktops and one of the laptops (Win7, my son's) work fine with the printer.

the one laptop I use, runs WinXP. the printer was configured properly, and running fine. however scanning did not work anymore, after I removed the software for a Trust scanner. So I decided to remove all 3070 sw, and reinstall from scratch. this now fails. I can connect/configure the printing part through USB, through the windows configuration (old fashion method, "I have disk") method. (I needed to print a doc quickly) I did not configure the scanner through USB. The install programm fails for both USB and Networked. Choosing Networked, the printer is discovered nicely. after selecting it, files are being copied. it shows a FAIL in the next screen. The priner/printing solving tools (downloaded from the web) did not result in a fix.

reboots/power cycles have all been done. I think there's a reg flag set wrong, that prevents the correct sw from reinstalling, but I'm not a reg-edit hero

anyone a clue?

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 14 (1,171 Views)

Hello kasperh

Based on your post it does sound like the printer is working correctly. The problem must lie on the XP laptop. Can you attach a screenshot of the exact error screen? It will be helpful in identifying the exact error. If they are both on the local network open up a web browser and type the printer's IP address into the URL portion (ex: http://192.168.1.20) and press enter. If it works you should have access to the EWS (embedded web server).

Have you tried to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor? It is a diagnostic utility that can sometimes find and resolve problems. If it finds any errors write them down and let me know what it was.
HP Print and Scan Doctor
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Top Student
kasperh
Message 5 of 14 (1,167 Views)

Hi travis,

Thnx for your response.

Yes, I can access the EWS, Yes I tried "HP Print and Scan Doctor" non of the suggested solutions fixed it. ePrint works fine, the other PC's work fine.

I agree, the issue is with the laptop (Compaq NC6320), or better WinXP. It has worked all OK, even WireLess. It stopped working, after I de-installed Trust scanner software.

I'm afraid either a Windows file is removed, but not missed by the HP install script/shell OR some bad registry setting(s)

discovery

when I select the printer, hit next (volgende), a pop-up appears, reporting files being copied, after a few seconds the window below appears.

error

sorry, Dutch Windoze install  and no error numbers

is there a log file, in which I can take a peek?!

thanks in advance

Kasper

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 6 of 14 (1,163 Views)

Hello Kasper

The images you attached will take a short while to be visible on the forum.

You can check Windows Event View and see if any errors are occurring around the time of the installation. I am not familiar with the scan software, Trust Scan Software, but it is possible it removed a key scanning component or messed up something. I will respond again once I can see the screenshots.
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Top Student
kasperh
Message 7 of 14 (1,161 Views)

meanwhile..

no improvement

I de-installed the 3070 sw (Start -> All Programs -> HP -> 3070 -> remove installation), reboot, ran Registry cleaners (plenty fixes), reboot, re-installed 3070 sw

grrr same result.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 8 of 14 (1,158 Views)

Hello Kasper

Have you tried to use Windows Restore to restore to a date before you uninstalled Trust scan software? If not I suggest doing that before continuing any troubleshooting. Keep in mind if you do this you may lose any recently installed applications and need to re-install them.

Also did you find any error entries in Windows Event Viewer?

Top Student
kasperh
Message 9 of 14 (1,157 Views)

He Travis,

No, no restore point to go back to :smileysad:

EventViewer shows 3 warnings in the system log

event-id 20 (added/updated drivers for 3070 B611)

event-id 3 (printer 3070 B611 is removed)                                     <- !!!

event-id 4 (removal request for printer HP 3070 B611)            <--!!!

event log

Waarschuwing  means Warning

now my question is, why would Windoze want to remove the printer I am adding.......

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 10 of 14 (1,148 Views)

Hello Kasper

To answer your question, what may be happening is that a problem occurred with the adding of the printer drivers, hence the first warning message. The second warning also is generated from the Administrator so more than likely the installer begins to remove the driver since a problem occurred. The third warning is the SYSTEM removing the driver.

Are you able to scan using the EWS? What about using Microsoft Paint? Based on your explanations and screenshots it sounds like the registry may have problems or there are files that may have been removed along with Trust scan software. You may want to consider backing up the computer and reformatting it. Alternatively if the EWS or Microsoft Paint scanning works you can use those options. Also, if either the EWS or MS Paint has a problem let me know the error.
How to Scan: Windows XP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation