Question

Top Student
lleonidas
Message 1 of 9 (520 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Deskjet 3520 series Class Driver-Installation Problem after win 8 recovery

Hi.I am Leonidas from Greece and I am trying to solve this problem the last 5 hours,my nerves are in a very bad condition.

I was using this printer every day for a lot of months without problem but some days before it was necessary to make a recovery of windows 8 because of a problem.So today I tried to reinstall my 3520 deskjet but I cannot,whatever I have tried.In the begginning I started with the installation cd.I could see the 3520 at my device at the control panel,I could see it at my networks but it was not possible to print.So I reinstalled 3520 deskjet and I installed it again but the problem has not solved.The system stops me at the step which asks me if the printer has wireless connection and I say yes so it asks me the IP adress or the name of the pc.I write the IP Address(I know this because I managed to print the test page at thw first time of installation)but I cannot go to the further step because ''the pc and the printer are linked to different routers''.

Please give me a solution...I look forward to hearing your answer.

Thank you

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 9 (510 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3520 series Class Driver-Installation Problem after win 8 recovery

Hi Leonidas,

First ensure you did not set your home network as a public network by mistake, that will prevent communicating with other devices as the printer through the network.

Left click the Ethernet or Wireless icon on the system tray, then right click over your network name.

Select Turn sharing on or off and ensure it is set as Yes, Turn on sharing or connect to devices.

Now try following the tool below to get the latest drivers for your printer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
lleonidas
Message 3 of 9 (507 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3520 series Class Driver-Installation Problem after win 8 recovery

Hi Shlomi,

Thank you for your answer.I have already tried with these drivers...the problem is that the printer is in error condition and ''the connection is limited''(if I translate the words correctly...I use the greek edition of win8.1).

And something else:I don't know if it is important the indication ''Other users may be able to see the information you send through this network''when I try left click over my printer name.

I cannot believe I have spent so many hours in front of the screen for such a ridiculous problem!

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 9 (504 Views)

Hi Leonidas,

Thanks for clarifying your OS version, as you previousl mentioned it is Windows 8.

What happens if you right click the ethernet / wireless icon on the system tray and click on Open Network and Sharing Center?

Do you see Public or Private network listed right under your network name?

If it listed as Public, open the Charms bar by hovering the right side of your screen, click on Settings and then on Change PC Settings.

Go to Network and click your network name, then ensure that Find devices and content is enabled.

Can you see the pritner screen itself Ready with no errors?

Click the Wireless button and locate its IP address - can you access that address from your PCs web browser?

If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
lleonidas
Message 5 of 9 (494 Views)

Hi again,thank you for your time! I t is a bit difficult for me to understand absolutely what you write me but I try. I right click the wireless icon on the system tray and click on Open Network and Sharing Center. I see Private network listed right under my network name.Do I have to change this? Could you please explain further these instructions?''Can you see the pritner screen itself Ready with no errors? Click the Wireless button and locate its IP address - can you access that address from your PCs web browser?'' The IP of my 3520 deskjet is 192.168.223.1. The IPv4 address of my pc is 192.168.1.78 and the default gateway is 192.168.1.254,if this info is useful. Could yoy please connect with my laptop through teamviewer so as helping with the problem? I look forward to hearing youw answer..
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 6 of 9 (487 Views)

Hi again,

By your latest details I could figure that the printer is disconnected from your network and therefore it cannot be located.

Please try as following and let me know what happens:

1. From the printer front panel enter the Setup menu, select Tools adn tehn select Restore Factory Defaults.
  2. From the printer front panel enter the Wireless menu by clicking the Wireless icon, select Restore Defaults and confirm by selecting Yes.
  3. Turn the pritner Off.
  4. Turn the pritner back On.
  5. If the software exists on your laptop, open the HP Deskjet 3520 and select Connect a new Printer by selecting a wireless connection, if it was removed run the software installation by selecting wireless connection.

Now you should be prompted with the steps to connect the pritner to your wireless network while configuring the wireless device.

If you still experience any issue, temporary connect the printer with a USB and then open its software.

Click the Tools icon and select Convert USB to Wireless connection to reconnect it to your network.

Shlomi

Top Student
lleonidas
Message 7 of 9 (480 Views)

Good afternoon my friend,thank you for your help!

I did what you advised me and I reached only a few seconds before the printing but instead of printing the printer screen wrote:

''Incorrect shutdown!
To avoid damage, press the power button to turn off the printer''and did not print.

What can I do now?

Top Student
lleonidas
Message 8 of 9 (477 Views)

Hi again Shlomi! At last I found solution to my problem,my printer works perfectly! Thank you SO MUCH for your real help!! I hope I will not need again all this support,except if I find problems after some weeks when I have to replace the cartridges! Thank you again! Leonidas
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 9 of 9 (454 Views)

Hi Leonidas! with real pleasure!! great to hear that your printer is up and running again.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation