Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3632
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have 5 HP printers and just purchased the Deskjet 3632.  I have never had so many problems setting up an HP and have yet to get a print job into the queue.  

I set up USB, then wireless...then Web printing.  Can print an internal printer doc (like Printer information page) but nothing from computer to printer.  No print job submitted has ever appeared in the print queue.

• Have run trouble shooters and Print doctor who say everything is fine.  Connection and wireless settings (IP address)
  • I see 3 of my HP printers in the HP folder.  I do not see the 3632 in that folder.
  • Have read and followed all installation instructions.

Please help,

Anne

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @jlars5,

I see by your post that you are unable to print from the computer, but the printer will print the self tests. I would like to help you.

Print a Configuration page from the printer to get the printer's IPv4 address.

On the printer's control panel, press the Wireless button () and the Information button ( ) at the same time.

If you have a valid IP address for the printer then try and access the Embedded Web Server for the printer.
Type the IPv4 address into your web browser's address bar. (Internet Explorer)

If it loads the printer's network page then the printer is on the network.

Power cycle the  router, computer and printer.

Try printing again.

If the issue persists, please try the steps in this document to see if it will help resolve this issue.

HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Compute...

Let me know if the port showed the correct IP address from Solution five: Checking the print driver and the port. If you select the Configure button it will provide the IP address assigned to the printer.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. 

If you have any issues, please let me know what steps you have taken and the results. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I had already done the following:

1. Printed config page and entered IPv4 address.  It is correct.
  2. Accessed embedded web server page by typing IP address into browser.  Status on.
  3. Checked status in Devices and printers:  Ready

The problem is with the ports. 

I created a new TCP/IP port but the printer is still showing on USB port.  I also notice other printers not on TCP/IP ports so not printing wirelessly.  Can each printer be on USB and wireless?  Or does that confuse the instructions to print?

How do I get the printers off the old ports...do I need to delete the ports themselves?

HP DJ 3630 Ports Screenshot.png

Thanks so much...

jlars5

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.