HP Deskjet 6122/990c Driver for Windows 7 64-bit - No Windows Update (1686 Views)
Top Student
ned4spd8874
Message 1 of 2 (1,686 Views)

HP Deskjet 6122/990c Driver for Windows 7 64-bit - No Windows Update

I have a unique situation where I had to replace a broken printer in an off-site building.  I had an old but working HP DeskJet 6122 that I put in it's place.  However, non of the built-in Windows drivers work and all of the instructions I found online say that the 990c driver is compatible, but it's only available via Windows Update.

This computer does not have Internet access.  It's a stand-alone building that is used for bus maintenance and they just need to print out schedules and the like.

I had found a few drivers online, however they are not compatible as I need 64-bit drivers.  

I am running out of ideas here.  Theoretically I could haul the whole computer and printer setup to another building with Internet, but that's just going to be a major PITA due to it's location and the weather conditions.

Anyone???

Top Student
ned4spd8874
Message 2 of 2 (1,679 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 6122/990c Driver for Windows 7 64-bit - No Windows Update

For future reference, the 64-bit Windows XP drivers did the trick for me.

Link: http://www.siliconguide.com/drivers/device/117/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation