HP Deskjet F2480 Install Fails on 64-bit Windows 7 (1999 Views)
Student
mswanston
Message 1 of 2 (1,999 Views)

HP Deskjet F2480 Install Fails on 64-bit Windows 7

My partner has just bought herself a new laptop, and having using this printer successfully on her old XP Home PC, wanted to continue to use it with her new laptop.

Initially she ran it from the supplied CD, and it failed, I then suggested she download the correct Windows 7 64-bit installer from the HP driver download area, and that failed as well.

I got a chance to try last night and had the same problem. It starts the installation and says it is at stage 1 of 9, the progress bar is just over 2/3rds of the way across, and an error occurs. I am not currently in a position to confirm the error, but I do know that on previous occaisions, the diagnostic utility was run and used to clean up the previous installation, as this was a recommended install after the first failure.

I have done some googling and there seem to be a few cases where this printer won't install on Win7 - is there anything I can do to get the installation to complete?

Thanks in advance for any help

Martin

Student
Steen_Poulsen
Message 2 of 2 (1,600 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet F2480 Install Fails on 64-bit Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have just have same problem. (Windows 7 64 Bit)

Manuel choose driver, select HP Deskjet F4200 instead - the driver for printing are compatible. Works fine for printing.

Regard

Steen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation