02-17-2011 07:34 AM
I just purchased an HP Deskjet Advantage 2060 All-In-One printer just three days ago. I use a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I downloaded a 64 bit driver online and it works just every time I install it. But when I restart the system, it displays a require troubleshooting sign on the printer under Devices and Printers. I have to uninstall the printer and reinstall the driver again for it to work. What's wrong with this thing?
10-05-2011 08:45 AM
In order to better understand and help you with this issue, please answer to the following questions:
Does your account has the admnistrator privileges?
Did you try to disable the anti-malware software(antivirus, antimalware and firewall) before to run the installation? If not can you please try it?
Say "Thanks" by clicking the blue Kudos star in the post that helped you.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
10-05-2011 09:45 AM
yes.. i have done both.. i do have the priviledges coz im the administrator.. the av,am, firewall are all disbled when i installed, then i have also tried installing with them turned on.
i only encounter this issue on my desktop. but when i installed the driver/software on my laptop, i didnt have any problems, even with the firewall and the av turned on.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation