Question

Student
DKSH
Message 1 of 3 (920 Views)

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage e-AIO 4615 installation on Windows Server 2012

[ Edited ]

Require some help on install the driver for the scanner functionality in Windows Server 2012, whenever I tried to install the driver manually, it prompts an error message stating:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attepting to install it.

HP Deskjet 4610 series (USB)

An error occurred during the installation of the device:

The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software."

I believe that Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 share the same core as I was able to successfully install drivers for the printing and fax.

Steps taken:

Manually extract "DJ4610_Basicx64_1313.exe" and attempt installation manually for drivers

- Printer driver successfully installed

- Fax driver successfully installed

- Scanner driver failed

Added server roles "Print and Scan Management"

- Scanner driver still failed

Added features "Desktop Experience"

- Scanner driver successfully installed

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (911 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet Ink Advantage e-AIO 4615 installation on Windows Server 2012

Hi,

The specific prodct is not compatible with any server operating system but only with consumer operating systems, you may find the system requirements listed below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03149922&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en...

There are other higher-end products (e.g. Officejet 6700, Officejet Pro 8600, etc.) which officially supported on Server 2003 or 2008, I believe the latest software for those products should run on Server 2012 as well but there is no official support statement:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03351547&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5058338&tmp...

For the 4615 you may install the scanner software on the clients but not on the server.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (576 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4615 installation on Windows 7

Hi,

I have lost my hp deskjet link advantage 4615  cd installation. I have try to install it online but I cant get the suftwear.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation