Question

Student
Mr_Rock235
Message 1 of 4 (6,889 Views)

HP Director for Windows 7 64 bit

I have a 64 bit computer with the Windows 7 operating system. I am using the HP 2710 All in One photosmart.

The HP site told me that the driver to make the printer work is in my Windows 7 operating system. I did get that to work so I can print. My problem is how do I get the HP Director installed so I can use the copy/ scan pictures, documents/ get to the image zone/ updates and all the functions that you can do with the HP Director.

I just can't get the HP software to work like it did on my old 32 bit computer that had windows XP Home.

What can I do? 

Intern
Goes211
Message 2 of 4 (6,885 Views)

Re: HP Director for Windows 7 64 bit

Did you check out this help document?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02658990

It talks about all in one devices like the 2700 that have drivers in win7 and not an official new release of the Director software.

See if that helps, the document is pretty detailed.

- Goes211

I work for HP but my opinions are my own.
Student
ReadyEddie
Message 3 of 4 (6,502 Views)

I need some help with my officejet all in one printer.  I purchased a new lap top with Windows 7 Software and now the scanning will not communicate with the computer.  If I try to scan from the scanner/printer to the computer it says i need to install the soft ware, if I go to the software it does not give you the option to scan.  Can any one help with this issue?

Student
povz
Message 4 of 4 (3,743 Views)

I would like to suggest that HP releases a downloadable version of HP Director for Win7 64-bit OS as the in-OS driver is slow and only produces huge and un-emailable (if such a word exists) .jpg and other files. HP Director for Win XP was great to use - quick and easy, and it produced manageable .pdf files. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation