01-11-2011 05:20 PM
I have a 64 bit computer with the Windows 7 operating system. I am using the HP 2710 All in One photosmart.
The HP site told me that the driver to make the printer work is in my Windows 7 operating system. I did get that to work so I can print. My problem is how do I get the HP Director installed so I can use the copy/ scan pictures, documents/ get to the image zone/ updates and all the functions that you can do with the HP Director.
I just can't get the HP software to work like it did on my old 32 bit computer that had windows XP Home.
What can I do?
01-11-2011 05:26 PM
Did you check out this help document?
It talks about all in one devices like the 2700 that have drivers in win7 and not an official new release of the Director software.
See if that helps, the document is pretty detailed.
05-03-2011 01:37 PM
I need some help with my officejet all in one printer. I purchased a new lap top with Windows 7 Software and now the scanning will not communicate with the computer. If I try to scan from the scanner/printer to the computer it says i need to install the soft ware, if I go to the software it does not give you the option to scan. Can any one help with this issue?
02-29-2012 03:49 PM
I would like to suggest that HP releases a downloadable version of HP Director for Win7 64-bit OS as the in-OS driver is slow and only produces huge and un-emailable (if such a word exists) .jpg and other files. HP Director for Win XP was great to use - quick and easy, and it produced manageable .pdf files.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation