01-01-2013 08:18 AM
I am DESPERATE. I have been the last 5 hours trying to install my HP Envy 110 on my daughters Windows 8 HP without any success.
I have download every single driver and installer (hppiw.exe, etc) and it seems that it cannot install the driver (I do not have a clue why......)
Can someone help me...please.......
01-01-2013 08:35 AM
Thank you for posting,
In order to resolve the issue, please make sure you are logging in to the computer as an administrator. If not try to login to the computer using an administrator account and then try to download the latest version of the software from the link given below:
Once the download is completed, please start the installation and check. If the issue still persists, please disable the User Account control and then try.
In order to disable User Account Control, please follow the steps given below:
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Under User Account and Family settings click on the "Add or remove user account".
3. Click on one of the user accounts, for example you can use the Guest account.
4. Under the user account click on the "Go to the main User Account page" link.
5. Under "Make changes to your user account" click on the "Change security settings" link.
6. In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click on the Ok button.
7. You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Reboot the computer and login to the administrator account and try to install the software.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
01-29-2014 11:42 AM
The Envy 110 consitantly fails to print the 1st page of each and every document via Win 8.
Hence I am seeking to reinstall software (again)
Should I expect that this ftp download link will take > 1 hour to open? If not, perhaps you could propose another link/site?