Question

Honor Student
RonBur63
Message 1 of 4 (217 Views)

HP Envy 4500

The setup and the install and the wireless connection was a piece a cake.  The next day it wouldn't print and there was no error on the printer or on my HP Pavilion m7 laptop computer. After unpluging the pinter and pluging it up ( cold booting )

the printer started printing.

I guess the printer go into sleep mode and want wake up. I have the lastest update for the printer. I look around the pinter menu and wasn't able to find anything.

Teacher
RussP
Message 2 of 4 (208 Views)

Re: HP Envy 4500

Hi,

The printer must of lost its connection somehow along the way.

Restarting the printer forced the wireless connection to reset and get a new connection to the software.

Monitor the issue. But you might also want to check if there is an update for your wireless access point as well.

Russ@HP
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Honor Student
RonBur63
Message 3 of 4 (195 Views)

This morning the power button is on and the wireless LED light is on. Push all the button on the panel and can't get a response. Held the power button in for 10 second and still no response. Check the wireless access point driver and it has the best already installed. Try to print and the printer does nothing and have document in my queue on my computer.
Unplug the printer and it come to life and print the document. The printer doesn't work from the panel so I think the wireless may not be the problem.
Tutor
jimmie21
Message 4 of 4 (134 Views)

HP has a lemon here, they need to recall and replace the Envy 4500 so it will wake up from sleep without having to unplug it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation