Question

Tutor
Hockeynut
Message 1 of 10 (259 Views)

HP Envy 5530 printer

We have tried for two weeks to install my new printer."installation unsuccessful,printer does not recognize my laptop computer that is  on Windows Vista. I really could use the expertise of a tech savvy individual on the forum,I would appreciate your help, Thank you

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 2 of 10 (239 Views)

Re: HP Envy 5530 printer

Hello Hockeynut,

I see that you're having issues getting the printer working correctly on windows vista. I will try and help you.

Other then "installation unsuccessful" are you getting an other error details?
How are you trying to connect the printer?
What all has been tried to resolve the issue so far?

Looking forward to your reply, thank you for posting.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Hockeynut
Message 3 of 10 (223 Views)

I now receive the message"No problems found. Congratulations on the successful setup of your wireless printer. Unfortunately I cannot print anything, For some reason the printer is not communicating with my computer.I have to get it ouworking soon,I have all my info on my computer in Turbo Tax.and I am renning out of time,  Thank you

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 4 of 10 (203 Views)

Hi,

So, it seems like the software did finish the installation which is good to see.

When trying to print, have you attempted other sources to test other than "Turbo Tax"?
Do you get any error messages when attempting to print?

I do have a few options for you to try:

To start here are links to a few documents that may help you. I suggest trying these first.
Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection. (HP)
Troubleshoot network printer problems. (Microsoft)

Also, you can try adding the printer in manually.
Go to Start> Control Panel> Printers> click on Add Printer> Add a local print> Click bullet by "Create new port", Choose "standard TCP/IP port"> press next> Type in the printers IP (should have been obtained when following the HP document) in the Hostname/IP address field (will auto fill port name with the same information)> press next> The printer should now be installing, click finish as it appears. Test printing.

I hope this was able to help you, thanks for your posts.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Hockeynut
Message 5 of 10 (171 Views)

I have tried with the usb cable and also without. I have downloaded every driver that was suggested. Nothing works.

Tutor
Hockeynut
Message 6 of 10 (160 Views)

Is it possible it is not compatible with my Windows Vista 32 bit?

Tutor
Hockeynut
Message 7 of 10 (148 Views)

Thank you for all suggestions. I tried them all. Successfully installed but when I want to print something from my computer,installation was not successful. Does not even print a test page.

Tutor
Hockeynut
Message 8 of 10 (145 Views)

I don't know if I replied before this,but I have tried to connect with usb cable also,no other answers,just doesn't seem compatible with my computer.

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 9 of 10 (139 Views)

Hi,

You can try adding an alternative driver, to see if this will work. This document will guide you through that: Installing and Configuring an Alternate Driver in Windows Vista. The driver that I would recommend trying for Vista, is the Deskjet 9800 driver.

Please attempt that, and let me know how things are proceeding.

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Hockeynut
Message 10 of 10 (128 Views)

I do not see My printer listed on on the configuation of drivers list.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation