Re: HP LaserJet 100 Color MFP M175nw prints, but won't scan (45 Views)
Top Student
canuckteach
Message 1 of 3 (401 Views)

HP LaserJet 100 Color MFP M175nw prints, but won't scan

This problem just popped up from nowhere. the LaserJet prints (so it is connected), but when I run the basic HP Scan program, I get the error message that the scanner is not connected.  I have re-booted, and re-started the printer. I also downloaded and ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It detects the printer and the scanner as 'installed' but when I ask it to communicate with the scanner, it says that the 'selected product is not conencted'.  When I try the printer (same ip address), it detects it and gives me the option to 'Fix Printing' or 'Fix Scanning'. On 'Fix Scanning', it says 'establishing connection with Scanner', but then loops back to the beginning of the process, without success.  Now, this will blow your mind, if I go the Win-8 Metro screen and run the HP Scan and Capture program, the scan works perfectly (although this scan utility is more limited than the regular HP-Scan version). So, here I am trying to resolve a communication-connection problem, when none really exists.  Has anyone ever seen this situation? anyone got answers?

Honor Student
Feesable
Message 2 of 3 (189 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 100 Color MFP M175nw prints, but won't scan

I paid the HP tech fees and spent over seven hours with six techs to get nowhere on this issue. One HP advanced tech support person told me to buy another printer. This is the first time I've had such terrible support for a HP product.

jm@rcs-1.com

Student
BLAKEHP123
Message 3 of 3 (45 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 100 Color MFP M175nw prints, but won't scan

I am having exactly the same problem on this printer.  Has there been any resolution to date -- it's extremely frustrating?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation