10-27-2013 11:43 AM
This problem just popped up from nowhere. the LaserJet prints (so it is connected), but when I run the basic HP Scan program, I get the error message that the scanner is not connected. I have re-booted, and re-started the printer. I also downloaded and ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It detects the printer and the scanner as 'installed' but when I ask it to communicate with the scanner, it says that the 'selected product is not conencted'. When I try the printer (same ip address), it detects it and gives me the option to 'Fix Printing' or 'Fix Scanning'. On 'Fix Scanning', it says 'establishing connection with Scanner', but then loops back to the beginning of the process, without success. Now, this will blow your mind, if I go the Win-8 Metro screen and run the HP Scan and Capture program, the scan works perfectly (although this scan utility is more limited than the regular HP-Scan version). So, here I am trying to resolve a communication-connection problem, when none really exists. Has anyone ever seen this situation? anyone got answers?
04-01-2014 05:10 PM
I paid the HP tech fees and spent over seven hours with six techs to get nowhere on this issue. One HP advanced tech support person told me to buy another printer. This is the first time I've had such terrible support for a HP product.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation