HP LaserJet 1320 on Windows 7 (3430 Views)
Student
Leslie-CRILF
Message 1 of 3 (3,430 Views)

HP LaserJet 1320 on Windows 7

I have an HP Pavilion Elite with Windows 7.  I have been trying to connect a parallel HP LaserJet 1320 to the computer using a USB to parallel converter cable.  When I plug it in, it shows up in the devices window as an "Unspecified" IEEE-1284 Controller.  When I tried to manually install the printer, I selected "add a local printer", selected port USB001 (virtual printer port for USB), and selected the correct driver for HP LaserJet 1320 in the list after doing the Windows Update.  When it tries to print a test page, it shows up in the queue but will not print. I tried a couple different things, including all of the port options provided, but nothing works. I would appreciate any advice to get this printer working!!

Honor Student
Zaidfarook
Message 2 of 3 (3,293 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 1320 on Windows 7

I have the same problem on windows 7 64 bit . i cannot install my Hp 1320 printer .

Student
susanator50
Message 3 of 3 (3,155 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 1320 on Windows 7

I had the identical problem with the identical hardware.  Finally I installed the driver as a Bluetooth device and the system began to recognize the printer and it worked.  Note the printer is not a Bluetooth device.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation