06-11-2010 11:33 AM
I have ran into an issue installing a networked HP LJ 2420 printer to a Windows 7 machine. When I add 'A Network Printer', it finds it without problem but windows updates cannot find the driver and I have downloaded both the 32bit and 64bit drivers from the HP website and this returns an error 'Cannot find suitable driver'
Has anybody run into this issue, or have any advise on how to proceed?
09-28-2010 02:29 PM
You can try following the instructions in this document, installing the drivers in compatibility mode: HP Color LaserJet 2820/2830/2840 Installation Instructions - Windows 7 32 bit only "Compatibility Mode". They may help, if you are running the 32-bit OS. the document is located here:
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation