Question

Student
mccoygsm
Message 1 of 4 (3,864 Views)

HP LaserJet 3055 All in One Printer and Windows 7 (64 and 32 bit)

I find it very disappointing that HP has chosen not to write software for the HP LaserJet 3055 All in one Printer for Windows & 32 bit or 64 bit, so that all the functions of the printer can be utilized over a network or directly connected to a PC.  This is becoming very typical for HP and It will hurt their business in the future.  I will not be purchasing any more HP Printers in the future because I cannot afford the Very Short Term Lifespan of their products.

Again this is Very Disappointing…

Top Student
Oldbean
Message 2 of 4 (3,746 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 3055 All in One Printer and Windows 7 (64 and 32 bit)

It is normal for HP after sales support.

Love it or leave it. I choose to leave and go for Canon and Samsung

Student
Godwin
Message 3 of 4 (3,694 Views)

Same here, feeling extremely disappointed for HP not releasing a full solution software for Windows 7 which I used to expected they would do something like that when I purchase HP printers.

They do make me think of other brand the next time when I go for a new MFP.
How about other brands like Canon or Ricoh?

Honor Student
wcwirla
Message 4 of 4 (3,489 Views)

Here's the letter I received from HP "Customer Support"

"I hope you’re great. According with the case number XXXXXX you have an HP LaserJet 3055 that is not working with Windows 7 and OS 10.7. Unfortunately there is nothing more that we can try the Software is not compatible with those Operating Systems. There is an Upgrade version of the printer which is the HP Laser Jet M2727nf, that one is compatible with Windows 7 and 10.7. I apologize for all this inconvenient but we are not able to make the scanner work on Win7/ 10.7."

Translation:  "You're out of luck.  Buy a new machine.  Love, HP."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation