Question

Tutor
omahalarry
Message 1 of 5 (352 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP LaserJet M1217 Wireless Installation On HPG60 Windows 7 64-bit problems with no error message.

I've attempted to install a brand new HP LaserJet M1217 with a wireless connection to my PC (HP G60 with Windows 7 64-bit operating system).  I have spent numerous hours attempting a simple task.  I've step through all the instructions and options slowly and have kept my focus with no success.  I've the attempted wireless method, the USB method, the enclosed CD-Rom method and have downloaded from the HP website.  Still no success.

I have followed on the trouble shooting instructions and still no success.

I currently have a wireless HP LaserJet P1102 installed.  It works perfectly.  I previously had a wireless HP7280 all-in-one printer installed prior to my purchase of a new M1217.  I deinstalled the HP7280 software prior to my attempt to install the the new M1217.

I did not get any type of error message except the it would stop downloading for all options except the web downloading procedure.  The web left me hanging with no next steps after it was downloaded. 

I am exahusted after several hours of attempting to complete an installed.  I can get the M1217 to print when attached to my PC via USB.  How can I get it to print and scan wirelessly? 

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 5 (335 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet M1217 Wireless Installation On HPG60 Windows 7 64-bit problems with no error message

Hi omahalarry,

Follow the steps in the document below, and let me know if you are still unable to get this printer connected wirelessly?

Installing the Product Software on a Wireless or Wired (Ethernet) Network

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
omahalarry
Message 3 of 5 (334 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet M1217 Wireless Installation On HPG60 Windows 7 64-bit problems with no error message

Thank you for your suggestion.  I had already downloaded that PDF file and followed the instructions without success.

I did receive a diagnostic file from HP Support and I was able complete the installation.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 5 (330 Views)

Hi omahalarry,

Glad to hear you have everything working. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
omahalarry
Message 5 of 5 (327 Views)

Thanks again for your suuport. Kudos to you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation