Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

We just bought two new HP LaserJet P3015 printers in the last month, one works well while the other seems to have a phantom paper jam.  We seem to notice it when someone is printing a longer document, say 10+ pages.  The printers will stop printing, the red light will come on, and the screen will ask to open the top and remove a paper jam.  Once you open the top and close it, and hit OK, it will continue to print.  I have gone through t he machine top and bottom and cannot find a scrap of paper in there.  The other machine that is working well is using the same type of paper, and actually sees a great volume of printing. 

We have updated the drives on the computers. Any suggestions?

Cheers, Paul

72 REPLIES 72
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Exactly the same problem here and I'm really losing hope in HP and thinking of abandoning them for printing all together. I bought 3 of these and have had EXACTLY the same issue you're having. Phantom jamming with any job over 5 pages and sometimes even smaller. I've spent a total of 7 hours on the phone with HP, who flat out refuse to credit me and send me another model. They've sent me out 3 replacements consisting of exactly the same model, the P3015, and guess what, within minutes, same issue. This problem, if it's as broad-ranging as I'd imagine, is going to really hurt HP's reputation and based on the support I've been offered thus far, I hope it does.

HP, take notice and look after your printing customers. I've bought scores of printers from you and this model stinks!

Updates don't help, different drivers don't help, choice of interface doesn't make any difference.

What to do next?

HP Recommended

Good to know we are not alone in this issue.  I am starting to think it is indeed a hardware issue.  Hoping an HP rep will address the issue here.  

HP Recommended

We've got the same problem going on here.  The P3015 was purchased about 6 months ago, and started having a noticeable pattern of "phantom paper jams" a couple weeks ago.   Anyone have a possible solution?

HP Recommended

Has anyone found a fix or heard anything back from HP on this one?

HP Recommended

Have you upgraded to the latest Firmware? You can find it here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3815801&...

I didn't notice a specific fix listed for the issue, but it's good to have the latest FW. Also if you have one device that works and one that doesn't, it might be good to see if they have the same FW version. This will be listed on the configuration report.

I also found a reference to a change to the duplexer pan design.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1447911

The fourth post includes a picture showing the difference.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
HP Recommended

Hi

I have the same phatom print jam on the HP Laserjet P3015 it has firmware 07.070.0 which i will upgrade to the latest

to see if it fixes it. Has anybody else resolve this problem?

mark

HP Recommended

Same problem here! Printer has a phantom jam on every print job. Have to slide in an out paper try each time and open and close front cover for it to work. As others mentioned, there is no actual jam.

Anybody have a solution?

HP Recommended

Exactly the same problem, when printing around 10 pages, the printer shows Paper Jam. The problem started after around 7 months and now is continuous. I chatted with HP Support and after around 30 minutes he told me to buy HP paper! I use Xerox 24# high quality paper and it worked for 7 months and is not an issue with 4 other HP printers I have. I will humor him and put in some HP paper then reopen the ticket. Very disappointed with their support.

HP Recommended

Here are some questions that will help provide a solution for your issue.

What paper jam message is on the control panel? 

What tray are are you feeding from?

How the printer is set up?

What exact paper is used?

Does this happen only with some files?

Do you get any noise?

Where is the paper edges when it happens?

Is this duplex?

Regards,
affableLJ
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.