HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw. I can't get the installer to load wireless. My OS is Windows 8 (1524 Views)
Honor Student
missionlen
Message 1 of 7 (1,524 Views)

HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw. I can't get the installer to load wireless. My OS is Windows 8

I have a brand new Gateway, Windows 8 OS.  I also have a brand new HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw.  I can't get the the installer to wirelesly connect.  I can't even get the drivers installed to my computer.  The installer runs to connect wirelessly and after a 20 to 30 minutes an error says it can't connect.  It advises to restart the computer.  I restarted and got the same results

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 2 of 7 (1,519 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw. I can't get the installer to load wireless. My OS is Windo

Have you tried the downloading the full solution from hp.com and are still having this issue? Or are you using some of ther type of driver?

If you are using the full solution from hp.com and are still having issues, could you tell me exactly what the error message is?

I would suggest using a network connection to get the drivers installed, then switch to wireless using the wiresless wizard from the control panel.

m175nw win8 driver

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Honor Student
missionlen
Message 3 of 7 (1,515 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw. I can't get the installer to load wireless. My OS is Windo

Hay no name,

Yes I think I did.  The files name is CLJ_MFP_M175_N_sw_win_full_solution.  the results were the same.  They were identical.  It ran for 20 minutes or more and said there was an error and remove the USB cable.

You should know this.  I ran the the install program out of the printer and it ran perferctly.  I can now print wirelessly from my laptop.  But my Windows 8. desktop no way Jose.

The error mesage as I remember when on the desktop said something to the effect that the program took to long, please remove your cable.

If I a correct there wan't a problem getting the drivers from the printer, only installing

You should know this that my desktop already has wireless for the internet.  I don't need to hard wire the desktop to the router or modem presently it is for no particular reason.

I also have Blue Tooth on my computer but I don't really know what to do with it.

"using a network connection to get the drivers installed"  How would I do that?

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 7 (1,461 Views)

If you start by plugging the USB cord in before the software directs you to, then often times you will have an automated in-OS driver installed for the printer which can cause conflicts when trying to use the full feature software. Make sure that the printer is entirely removed from programs and the USB cord remains unplugged. Then try installing, plugging the cord in only when it directs you to. 

On some models, by installing USB first you can be prompted for the option to transfer the printer to the USB >> Wireless option. 

Happy Holidays! 

Honor Student
missionlen
Message 5 of 7 (1,460 Views)

You got caught with you pants down with respect to Windows 8  and I suffered the coonsequences..  You're more than 3 weeks late on your reply.  That's inexcusable.  Why am I not surprised?   I couldn't get the printer to work for the life of me and I tried dilligently for 2 weeks messing around your website, emails to techs, calls to techs,  Support staff couln't get it to work.  You couldn't get it to work.   I returned the **bleep** thing.  "Yoiu don't run you don't ride."   With shipping cost and restocking fees,  I suffered a $75  hit.  I will never buy a HP product again.  Oh, I bought a Dell and I had both my computers running that same night.

Honor Student
unsatisfied132
Message 6 of 7 (1,240 Views)

Can someone post a resolution to this problem please?! I am about to also return my printer for the same reasons. Can't connect to wireless....

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 7 of 7 (1,176 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw. I can't get the installer to load wireless. My OS is Windows 8

At this time, have you tried the solutions which have been offered thusfar? Are you also dealing with the same printer on the same operating system? 

Let me know how that goes and I will get right back with you! 

I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I hope that the weather where you are located is as beautiful there as it is here! 

-Spencer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation