Question

Honor Student
jeffpey
Message 1 of 8 (611 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Laserjet 1212

Does the HP Laserjet 1212 have the Auto on/Auto off technology or not???? Different stories from HP support.  Here is the 2 page HPsite that I got the info from     http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2010/plugandprint/pdf/HPAOAO_Solution_Brief.pdf

Someone please tell me if I can adjust my power settings on my 1212 according to the site above..  Thank you

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 8 (586 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 1212

Hi jeffpey, 

Yes, this printer has the Economy setting Auto-off. You can find the details on page 167 of the user guide. 

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01760651.pdf

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
Alan_Ritter
Message 3 of 8 (493 Views)

Using my LJ M1212 on Windows/7 64-bit, after a power-up on the LJ, it constantly tries to re-identify the auto-install memory in the printer at which point the printer cycles between active and inactive in Windows Control Panel.  Sending a print job has a 50/50 chance of hitting it while it's active or getting lost in the ether.

Printer connected via USB, loaded most recent drivers from HP's site.  What's my next step to fix this?

Thanks!

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 8 (477 Views)

Hi Alan_Ritter,

Replace the USB cable, and then download and run the Print and Scan Doctor from the link below. Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
Alan_Ritter
Message 5 of 8 (471 Views)

New USB cable seems to have fixed the issue, thanks!  HP print/scan doctor reports all is working ok now.  Will run a few days to be sure and report back.

Thanks for your help.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 8 (470 Views)

Hi Alan_Ritter,

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
Alan_Ritter
Message 7 of 8 (443 Views)

This must be my week to be dense, but I don't see the "Accept as Solution" option to click.  (Running Firefox in case something is quirky because of my browser)

Provost
pcwizard
Message 8 of 8 (436 Views)

Hi Alan_Ritter,

No worries, there would be no accepted solution button as this one was already marked resolved by the moderators of the forums. Glad to hear everything is working. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation