HP Laserjet 1320, Windows 7, 64 bit, using PCL 5 printer driver (9608 Views)
Honor Student
Postwise
Message 1 of 5 (9,608 Views)

HP Laserjet 1320, Windows 7, 64 bit, using PCL 5 printer driver

How do you change the print density and economode on a Laserjet 1320.  All I could find on the web was to select the preferences button in printer properties, select the Paper/Quality tab, and then check or uncheck the economode checkbox, there is no economode checkbox.

My printer had economode turned on.  I powered it down, powered up, while holding down the green button, and not it is off, but this seems like the hard way to do this. 

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 5 (9,561 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 1320, Windows 7, 64 bit, using PCL 5 printer driver

The product you have seems to be a commercial printer. For the best chance at finding a solution I would suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support!

You may find the Commercial Laserjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 3 of 5 (9,559 Views)

You can change the ecomode settings through the Embedded Web Server. To do this input the IP address into your browser. Go to the setting tab. Then the to Print Quality. You will find the Ecomode setting here.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Honor Student
Postwise
Message 4 of 5 (9,555 Views)

This is a 1320, not a 1320n.  It is connected directly to a computer via a USB 2.0 cable, no ip address.  Is there still a way to get to the embeded web server?

I did changet the driver to the postscript driver instead of the pcl 5 driver, and now there is a choice for economode.

Thanks

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 5 of 5 (9,550 Views)

You should still have the same settings in your Device Toolbox. Go to your HP folder, under Programs, locate the device folder, open it, click on toolbox. I think in this version printer it is called FX Toolbox. IT may take a few minutes for it to open as it will be pulling the information from the printer so be patience if you don't see something happening right away.

The same settings that are on the embedded web server  should also be located there.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation