06-10-2009 09:25 AM
Hi, Can some please help.
I have just bought a second hand hp laserjet 4200n .
ive managed to download the printer drivers and all seens ok apart from; when i request a printout the printer message says
LOAD TRAY 1 PLAIN PAPER
TO USE ANOTHER TRAY PRESS [the tick button]
after pressing the tick button the message is
USE ANY A4 FROM TRAY 2 INSTEAD?
i then press the tick button and the print is printed.
It seens the printer automatically goes to print from tray 1. I would like the printer to go to tray 2 as soon as the print request has been sent to the printer.
i would imagine the answer lies in the print setup somewhere but i dont know where.
10-22-2010 01:57 AM
u can call "Cold setup!"
turn the printer off, then turn it on while pressing the Go button.
The printer should print from Tray 2 in default.
If this does not work, that means u probably have a hardware problem, then check this solution:
It worked for me. The solution is for Laserjet 4000, but u can simulate it for ur printer.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)