07-19-2012 07:31 PM
i have this printer but i dont have the cables to connect it to my dell laptop because it does not support parralel port that is on the printer.where can i get the cable and the drivers
07-19-2012 08:42 PM
Please read this post then provide some details. What operating system?
If I were going to hook up a Laserjet 5 these days I would probably buy a network card on ebay and hook it up to my router. In this case you would need a LAN cable to connect to the router and you would need a free port on the router.
Another option would be a USB-parallel adapter. These can be problematic, make sure the model you choose is supported by your operating system. The models in these tagged posts have been reported by users to work in Windows 7.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
12-01-2012 11:02 PM
I have laserjet 5 and the new desktop does not have the parellel port, so I need to convert it to a usb tooo.....
01-24-2013 01:03 PM
Same question, but OS is Windows 8, on a laptop. I have a Monoprice USB to parallel cable that worked fine with Windows 7. No luck with Windows 8 so far. Suggestions?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)