Question

Honor Student
neem108
Message 1 of 9 (45,090 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Laserjet p2015dn driver for Windows 7 64 bit

I just purchased new Windows 7 (64 bit) desktop system and have been trying to find correct driver dowload for

my HP Laserjet p2015dn printer.    The closest driver(s) that I've been able to locate from HP Drivers/Downlaods site are,  "Laserjet p2015 PCL6" or "HP Universal Driver for Windows 7."   However, when downloaded neither of these drivers allow/permit "dn"  dual sided printing feature  (i.e., p2015dn has option for "manual" two sided printing only). Can anyone help / assist in finding correct download driver for the p2015dn ? Thank-you.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 9 (45,064 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet p2015dn driver for Windows 7 64 bit

Hi neem108,

The only drivers available to Win 7 64-Bit is a universal driver. You might be able to load the Vista 64-bit driver package which should get you the Automatic duplex options you are looking for. The Click the link below to download the driver package. If you are still unable to automatically duplex you will need to call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

HP LaserJet P2015 PCL6 Print Driver Package

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
neem108
Message 3 of 9 (45,041 Views)

Hello HP PC Wizard -

Thank-you for your prompt response.

The ( link)  for Win 7 64-Bit universal driver that you recommended was downloaded/installed.

However, it is not able to connect (i.e. operate) the p2015dn printer,whatsoever.

The recommended universal driver is for HP CM 2320 MFP Series printer. Could this be the problem?

Vista 64-bit driver package for 2015dn was also downloaded. However, while 44 related files unzipped,  we could not get this driver to  install/activate the 2015dn printer.

Any further recommendations/steps that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. 

p.s. - the  800- tech support # that you referenced does not handle laserjet printers.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 9 (45,037 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi neem108,

The UPD in my last post should have worked to get this printer installed.

How are you attempting to connect the printer to the computer (USB or Ethernet)?

Have you tried using different cables?

What happens when you try installing this printer on a different computer?

HP and Compaq products for business use

24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most products

U.S.: English

Interact online with HP:
Chat: Chat with an online support technician.*
E-mail: Support by e-mail.
Submit support case: For business customers with a valid warranty.

* Chat is not available for all products.

800-334-5144

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
neem108
Message 5 of 9 (45,023 Views)

HP-PCWizard -  thanks for all prompt assistance. Automatic-duplex function/option is now working with both P2015 Series PS and Universal Driver options, using same -re-installed printer cable.   thanks again.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 9 (45,012 Views)

Hi neem108,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Student
saeed_mari
Message 7 of 9 (28,755 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dear All,

i have installed windows 7 64 bit & installed network driver on 32 bit computer but not Installed compatibility,issue please help me as soon possible Please repley me [Personal Information Removed]

Thanks & regards 

Muhammad saeed

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 8 of 9 (28,059 Views)

Hello saeed_mari.

I understand your concerns. Could you verify what type of printer you have? Please click here to verify this information: Model Number.

Since you are having compatibility issues with your software, could you verify the exact issue you are receiving on your computer?

Also are you connecting this printer wireless or USB?

Once I gather this information I can assist you further.

Ashley

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Student
sacgirl916
Message 9 of 9 (20,541 Views)

Hi Neem108,

I am having the same problem, my printer HP P2015D is connected on my network, I am trying to install the printer on my windows 7 computer with the universal driver from hp.com, but I keep getting an error message that the driver could not be found, it's asking me to locate it manually and it's asking for a ".inf" file. I can't find this file in any of the driver downloads, what did you do? Please help. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation