HP OfficeJet J6480 All in one will not print wirelessly (3124 Views)
Honor Student
roxfuture
Message 1 of 8 (3,124 Views)

HP OfficeJet J6480 All in one will not print wirelessly

Hello,

Sometimes my printer will print wirelessly and sometimes it will not.  I have to keep reinstalling the software using the CD that was sent to me from HP.

I can always print if I am connectedw with a USB cable, but I am supposed to print wirelessly. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 2 of 8 (3,119 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet J6480 All in one will not print wirelessly

The next time you have trouble printing wirelessly, try the following:

• Can you access the printer's internal web page by browsing to it's IP address. If you can, then we know the problem is not a wireless but with the SW on your computer.
  • Try turning off the printer, wait 30 seconds then turn it back on again. Check to see if you can print.
  • Last test -- turn off the printer, then your wireless-router. Wait 30 seconds and turn on the wireless-router. When you can browse the internet from your computer, turn on the printer. Check to see if you can print.

Are you having trouble with just wireless printing or with wireless printing and wireless scanning?

What kind of wireless-router are you using and what kind of computer are you printing from?

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Honor Student
roxfuture
Message 3 of 8 (3,046 Views)

Hello,

Sorry it took so long to answer back.  

Ok, I went to the printer's internal web page by browsing the IP address (192.168.1.104) and I could access the page.  So when you say it is an SW problem, what does that mean?  I tried the other two methods, and they did not work.

I appreciate all of your help.

• you access the printer's internal web page by browsing to it's IP address. If you can, then we know the problem is not a wireless but with the SW on your computer.
  • Try turning off the printer, wait 30 seconds then turn it back on again. Check to see if you can print.
  • Last test -- turn off the printer, then your wireless-router. Wait 30 seconds and turn on the wireless-router. When you can browse the internet from your computer, turn on the printer. Check to see if you can print.

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 4 of 8 (3,001 Views)

Since you can access the printer's internal web page, the problems you are having are with the SW installation on your PC.

What kind of PC and are you using?  What version of Windows are you using?

You mentioned that your IP address was 192.168.1.104 in your last message.  The next time you have trouble printing wirelessly, see if you can access the printer's internal web page at that same IP address.  I'm curious if when you have trouble if the IP address of the printer has changed.

Also, what kind of wireless router are you using?

( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Honor Student
roxfuture
Message 5 of 8 (2,985 Views)

I have a laptop HP Pavilion dv9000.  I am using Vista.  The wireless router is a Linksys.  I did call HP for support by the way.  And they suggested that I uninstall my security software.  I have Webroot.  Well I uninstalled it and I was able to print wirelessly.  But now I am without security for my computer.  I want to reinstall it, but then I fear I will have the same problem.  I guess I need to contact Webroot.

Thank you for all of your help. Are you familiar with Webroot?

Regards

Roxanne T

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 6 of 8 (2,976 Views)

It's interesting that your security SW (Webroot) interfered intermittently with the printer SW.  Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Webroot so I can't help much.

In general, you'll need to configure Webroot to allow the following network ports to be opened:

• UDP 427 inbound
  • UDP 427 outbound
  • UDP 161 outbound
  • UDP 139 outbound
  • TCP 139 outbound
  • TCP 9100 outbound
  • TCP 9220 outbound
  • TCP 9290 outbound
  • TCP 9500 outbound

You'll also need to configure Webroot to allow the following programs access to your local network:

• C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpoews01.exe
  • C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpofxm08.exe
  • C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\Hposfx08.exe
  • C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\Hposid01.exe
  • C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpqkygrp.exe
  • C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpqste08.exe
  • C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpqtra08.exe
  • C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpzwiz01.exe
  • C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpiscnapp.exe
  • C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\ {20B30DC1-E423-4939-B51D-05C58B0F9BBB}\setup\hpznui01.exe

Honor Student
roxfuture
Message 7 of 8 (2,969 Views)

Ok, I will try this and let you know how it goes.

Thank you.

Roxanne T.

Student
CPTRENCH
Message 8 of 8 (881 Views)

How do I set my printer to default?

HP OFFICEJET J6480 ALL-IN-ONE WIRELESS PRINTER WON'T PRINT.   HOW CAN I SET MY PRINTER TO DEFAULT?   PRINTER COMING UP ERROR MESSAGE.

THANKS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation