Question

Student
KCTexas
Message 1 of 2 (568 Views)

HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m failure to find device at Setup

I have a HP Officeject 4500 G510g-m and a Mac using Lion.  HP Installer for Mac downloaded from the HP site.  The installer run through to Setup.  Then it asks me to Select Dive.  The printer is not listed (but it was earlier in the setup). 

Device not listed at the bottom tells me to turn the device on and off.  I've done that.  Unplugged and plugged.  Same thing.  Used three different USB cables.  Same thing. 

"Select Device" and "Please connect your device now" show nothing.

Down at the bottom there's a wheel for "Add Device Manually."  click that and it asks for IPv4 or IPv6 or a DNS hostname. I don't know what goes in thata block.

Here's what I've done so far:

Install the software from the DVD that came with the printer.  Stalled at the same point.

Downloaded and installed the driver for Mac from the HP site.  Stalled at the same point.

Uninstalled all that software.  Downloaded and installed driver for Mac from the HP site.  Stalled at the same point.

Uninstalled software. 

Restarted the computer with printer off.

Downloaded and installed driver for Mac with the USB cable disconnected.  Connected when prompted.  Stalled at the same point.

The printer does not showup in my System Preferences.

It shows up once during HP Installer but never again.

Help.

Honor Student
IrisY
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m failure to find device at Setup

I have the same problem! I have Mac iOS 10.7.5 Lion. The All in One I have is Officejet 4500g.

As I had a printing and scanning problem I have uninstalled the Officejet driver.

Now I would like to install it again, my Mac does not recognize the device connected...!

Even after unplugging and plugging it, and restarting several times - NOTHING.

As though the Officejet 4500g has evaporated from the options.

Please help me.

Thank you,

IrisY

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation