Question

Tutor
AlexOz
Message 1 of 3 (1,132 Views)

HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m scanner error on windows 7

Hello.

I have Officejet 4500 G510g-m all in one device connected to LAN. There are 2 computers in this LAN. One with windows XP Professional and other with Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit. On a windows XP machine all printer functions are working correctly but on a Windows 7 machine i can't enable the scanner function.The printer and fax function works fine.

The error message say's that the Imaging device canno't be found.

I tried everything!

Turned off windows firewall, installed full software package from cd, also from newest downloaded installation, turned off that printer, run network diagnostics, all kinds of diagnostics, even installed some scanner software patch.

Still Nothing!

What is the problem?

Alex

Student
AndalusianHouse
Message 2 of 3 (649 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m scanner error on windows 7

I have exactly the same problem ! 

ADSL router supporting - LAN and WIFI

LAN with 2 HP printers - Officejet 4500 G510g-m & Officejet 6310 all-in-one

WIFI with window7 64bit Ultimate  & Windows XP professional (using HP Solution Center).

The XP machine works fine with no problems, the Officejet 6310 works fine to both the XP and Win7.

However I have had nothing but probems with the Officejet 4500 and Win 7 machine.

I have lost count how many times I have re-installed the HP software over the past 18 months.

Current problem is SCANNER ERROR. Also get the very common printer disapearing after re-boot

Solution is to buy a Lexmark or Brother. 

Student
Dee_mkl
Message 3 of 3 (614 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m scanner error on windows 7

Hi

I have HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m connected to my computer via usb. I use Windows 7 64 bit home edition . I downloaded drivers from the internet and i was able to use the scanner on that day. However, today the scanner keeps on hanging up. I have disconnected the scanner, rebooted the PC and followed all  help intructions from  HP solution center with no success. Does it mean that I have to unistall and install  the device every time I use it as it is the only option I did not follow.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation