Question

Honor Student
auggiemom2
Message 1 of 6 (5,425 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet 4500 Wireless Error Message

Please help.  We just bought an HP Officejet 4500 Wireless, and keep receiving this error.  I have no clue what this means or how to fix it.  This shouldn't be this hard....its about 2 seconds away from being packed back up!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The printer attempted to join the network but is not receiving any data.  This may be caused by MAC address filtering.  If MAC address filtering is enabled and you would like to keep it enabled, add the MAC address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless access point or router before continuing.  Print the Wireless Network
Test report from your printer to find the MAC address of your printer.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 6 (5,386 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4500 Wireless Error Message

Tell me about your network - router brand/model, encryption type (WEP, WPA, etc) and ISP type (DSL, Cable, etc).

If you are using WEP security on your wireless router, it is not secure and can cause problems like this.  Change it to WPA or WPA2.  Need help?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
auggiemom2
Message 3 of 6 (5,235 Views)

Thank you for your response.  I'm sorry, I didn't get back sooner, I was on vacation.  I have a Netgear Rangemax router, but when I running the software in and it finds my connection, it does indicate a WPA setting.  Any other suggestions?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 6 (5,232 Views)

What model is the router?

Run a Wireless Network Test from the front of the printer.  I will self-test the radio and report.  It may have failed.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
auggiemom2
Message 5 of 6 (5,221 Views)

I believe the model is WPN824 v3.

I did the test and receive the same error message on the print out.  It fails on no filtering and I don't know how to fix that.  I tried adding the MAC address however, it still is not working. 

Honor Student
auggiemom2
Message 6 of 6 (5,217 Views)

I don't know what I did, but the software finally loaded correctly and I am now wireless.  Thank you for your assistance. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation