HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One and Vista 64-Bit - It won't install (3631 Views)
Honor Student
royalprince
Message 1 of 5 (3,631 Views)

HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One and Vista 64-Bit - It won't install

I just purchased a new Gateway computer, which has Windows Visa Home Premium 64-bit, and attempted to install my HP 5610 machine, and it wouldn't let me.  When I inserted the install CD in my CD Rom, I received the following error message: "This system does not meet the minimum requirements needed to install this product."  It also said the following: "The operating system on this computer is not supported."

Could someone please help me resolve this problem.  I appreciate any help I can get.  Thank you.

PhD Student
smartfriend
Message 2 of 5 (3,602 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One and Vista 64-Bit - It won't install

Download the full feature software from here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-47767-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Save it first to your desktop. After the download is done, run the installation file and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please click on KUDOS if you find my solution helpful.
PhD Student
Rixander
Message 3 of 5 (3,592 Views)

make sure you are in the admistrator or owner's account

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Honor Student
royalprince
Message 4 of 5 (3,541 Views)

I took the advice of one of the people who responded to my original message and suggested that I download and install "HP Full Feature Software and drivers."  When I attempted to download this program, it timed out on me because the file is something like 168 MB and I have dial-up service.  I think I was able to stay online for 5 hours and get 35% of the download.  I believe the smartest thing to do is to order a CD of this program from HP.  Question: Can anyone tell me how I go about order a CD of this program? Thank you!
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 5 of 5 (3,526 Views)

the web page for this printer usually gives you an option to order the CD yourself, but seems like it is unavailable right now. so best thing to do is to contact HP Tech Support and they'll order it for you. since the printer never came with the Vista drivers CD (im just assuming this), then they SHOULD ship it to you free of cost. but in case you have to pay for it, it'll cost you approx. $10 including 5-7 days shipping.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation