Question

Tutor
iVerbatim
Message 1 of 84 (5,325 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a. Installation of 'Solution Center' fails.

Error message: Solution Center cannot be used because installation of Printer is not complete. I performed a clean boot and reinstalled the driver and software. Same problem. Lately having problems getting the scan function to work as well. HELP!! I've been running around in circles for three weeks. 

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 84 (5,307 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a. Installation of 'Solution Center' fails.

Hi iVerbatim,

Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

1. Uninstall the printer using Add/Remove programs

2. Download software and driver from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3795314&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&jumpid=reg_r1...

3. Update your Adobe Flash player from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

4. Install the printer using the downloaded file from step 2

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
iVerbatim
Message 3 of 84 (5,298 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a. Installation of 'Solution Center' fails.

Hi pcwizard,

I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows 7 premium.

The printer is not visible on the Control Panel's Programs and Features. So I use HP's Corporate Scrubber to uninstall the printer and associated programs. The software and drivers I use are the latest available full program on HP's site.

After numerous attempts, what I haven't been able to achieve is to stop Windows from launching its Plug'n Play drivers and software for the printer. I have a feeling that if I could just install the entire suite of software and drivers I downloaded from the HP's site it might solve my problem. However, even with clear instructions from a Windows site on how to perform a clean boot, it simply doesn't help.

Any other help is much appreciated. 

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 84 (5,296 Views)

Hi iVerbatim,

Follow the instructions below to scrub all software and driver you may have on the system, and then reinstall the printer.  

Uninstall scrubber steps:

1. Type %temp% in run

2. Look for a folder labeled 7z???? Example: 7zS6D6F, and then open it.

3. Open the folder labeled Util

4. Open the folder labeled CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run L3uninstall.bat. If your computer is non HP then run the L4uninstall.bat

6. Once the uninstall scrubber is finished reboot the computer.

7.  Type %temp% in run

8. Look for a folder labeled 7z???? Example: 7zS6D6F, and then open it.

9. Run setup.exe

I am an HP employee.

Tutor
iVerbatim
Message 5 of 84 (5,288 Views)

Hi pcwizard,

Sorry, but unable to locate any folder starting with 7z. Running L3uninstall.bat takes me to the exact same text as your posting. Any other suggestions? Do you know of a sure way of disabling the Plug'n Play feature of Windows so that it doesn't start up as soon as I connect the Printer to my PC (HP)? This prevents the driver and program I downloaded from the HP site from completing its installation. Thanks a lot for your help.   

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 84 (5,276 Views)

Hi iVerbatim,

What operating system are you trying to install the printer?

Are you getting any error messages?

I am an HP employee.

Tutor
iVerbatim
Message 7 of 84 (5,262 Views)

Hi pcwizard,

Thanks for your patience.

I run Windows 7 premium. No error messages other than when I open the 'Solution Center': "Printer installation did not complete". With Windows constantly wanting to install its own 'built-in' driver and software, HP's own full program as downloaded from the HP site doesn't get a chance to complete the installation and just stops the process as soon as the 'in-built' Windows driver and software message "Your product is ready to use" appears on my screen. 

Provost
pcwizard
Message 8 of 84 (5,252 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi iVerbatim,

Sounds like you have an issue with your operating system. Follow the instructions below to completely clean up the install you have, and then reinstall the printer.

1. Download Full feature software.

Win 7 3-Bit:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-77752-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Win 7 64-Bit:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-77752-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

2. Once downloaded double click to extract files

1.jpg

3. Cancel or Exit the installer when it opens

4. Type %temp% in run

5. Look for a folder labeled 7z???? (Example: 7zS6D6F), and then open it.

6. Open the folder labeled Util

7. Open the folder labeled CCC

8. If you have an HP computer run L3uninstall.bat. If your computer is non HP then run the L4uninstall.bat

9. Once the uninstall scrubber is finished reboot the computer.

10.  Type %temp% in run

11. Look for a folder labeled 7z???? (Example: 7zS6D6F), and then open it.

12. Run setup.exe

I am an HP employee.

Tutor
iVerbatim
Message 9 of 84 (5,232 Views)

Hi PCWizard,

Again thank you for your patience. I meticulously followed you directions but encountered three fatal errors during as many installation attempts. I took a note of two of the Error Situation Codes: 19520193 and 08895087.

Despite starting with a clean boot, it was again the Windows operating system drivers and software already installed on the system that beat the downloaded HP software to starting the installation of the printer and that to my way of thinking causes the problems. For each Error Situation Code HP sent me a document with instructions on how to deal with the errors but none of the solutions they proposed resolved them.

Attached is an error log of the third attempt at reinstalling the printer driver and software. Right now only HP's Document Manager and the Solution Center are not functioning. I can scan but only by using the Windows Fax and Scan Utility.

I hope you are not giving up on me yet :smileyhappy:

ErrorLog.png

Provost
pcwizard
Message 10 of 84 (5,226 Views)

Hi iVerbatim,

The Fatal error code in your screenshot is 1603. Please follow the instructions on the document at the following link. Let me know what happens.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02455020&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en#N3821

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation