HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a. Installation of 'Solution Center' fails. (5024 Views)
Tutor
time2getitfixed
Message 61 of 84 (223 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a. Installation of 'Solution Center' fails.

Here is the screen shot i promised before..

Installation Error on Windows 8 6-3-2013 HP6500 709a.JPG

Provost
pcwizard
Message 62 of 84 (210 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a. Installation of 'Solution Center' fails.

Hi time2getitfixed,

The error message indicates that you are getting a msi fatal error 1603 during the installation of the software. Follow the steps in the document below.

Fatal Error 'Error 1603. A fatal error occurred during installation' (MSI Error 1603) Displays Durin...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
time2getitfixed
Message 63 of 84 (204 Views)

Thanks, but the solutions in the link don't allow me to chose OS windows 8...

Provost
pcwizard
Message 64 of 84 (203 Views)

Hi time2getitfixed,

Use the steps in the Win 7 section which should not differ that much. Let me know if you have issues, and I can check to see if we have any documents for Win 8 fatal errors. 

I am an HP employee.

Tutor
time2getitfixed
Message 65 of 84 (183 Views)

I tried using thebasic driver, and it worked, but i don't have the solution center icon, and need to use scanning with the microsoft office windows scanner; however it concerts all the scans into tif format.

Is there anyway of getting the solution center now ?

Thanks

Provost
pcwizard
Message 66 of 84 (174 Views)

Hi time2getitfixed,

Now that you have the basic driver working you can now try installing the full feature software which will give you the Solution Center software. You can also use Microsoft paint to scan to different file types. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

Tutor
time2getitfixed
Message 67 of 84 (168 Views)

I tried installing the full driver now that i have the basic one, but upon doing that it prompted me to uninstall the printer during the installation process, and then when it started installing the full driver, the same error occurred in the exact same place during the installation as before.

When it prompted me to uninstall the printers in the beginning of te installation, it detected 2 printers ( when in reality there is just 1 ), one of them began with HD...and then HP6500709a and then other was officejet HP6500 709a.

Also there is another point that i forgot to mention before and that still persists : everytime when it tries to uninstall there printer and software, it crashes just before finishing doing that, and says that there was an unexpected error during uninstallation..and then it continues uninstalling..

Tutor
time2getitfixed
Message 68 of 84 (167 Views)

Here is a snapshot of what it promps me to remove at the beginning of the uninstallation : 

Capture.JPG

Provost
pcwizard
Message 69 of 84 (160 Views)

Hi time2getitfixed,

Go head and uninstall the software showing, and then let me know what happens when you attempt to install the full feature software?

I am an HP employee.

Tutor
time2getitfixed
Message 70 of 84 (158 Views)

I already said in my last post what happens : 

I tried installing the full driver now that i have the basic one, but upon doing that it prompted me to uninstall the printer during the installation process, and then when it started installing the full driver, the same error occurred in the exact same place during the installation as before.

When it prompted me to uninstall the printers in the beginning of te installation, it detected 2 printers ( when in reality there is just 1 ), one of them began with HD...and then HP6500709a and then other was officejet HP6500 709a.

Also there is another point that i forgot to mention before and that still persists : everytime when it tries to uninstall there printer and software, it crashes just before finishing doing that, and says that there was an unexpected error during uninstallation..and then it continues uninstalling..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation