03-06-2012 09:52 PM
I have a 2-3 year old Officejet 6500 E709N that has been configured to be used via wireless connection on a laptop that has Windows XP. I have now purchased an additional laptop that has Windows 7. The installation disc that came when purchased does not support Windows 7. I have been able to connect to the printer via wireless connection but I cannot scan as I do not have the HP Solution Center installed on the new laptop. I spent several hours and installed it but I could never get it to recognize the connection. When I would open the HP Solution Center it said " the HP 6500 is disconnected." It would then switch the printer to offline and not allow me to print. Is there anyway to get the Solution Center installed on the new laptop so I can scan?
03-08-2012 08:13 AM
When you got it installed was it still using the CD? Have you tried to download the Windows 7 driver?
If not the following link leads to the software page for your printer.
I would also suggest uninstalling the driver you currently have before re-installing.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation