Question

Honor Student
dartsue
Message 1 of 5 (2,476 Views)

HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z(Network)

I have an Officejet 6500 E710n-z which I purchased a couple of months ago and is connected to my network wirelessly.     Whenever I switch the printer off I have to put the IP number of my network in when I switch it on and  I want to use it again which is a nuisance when I want to print something quickly.  I have to use the network setup wizard and put in the security key for the wireless network which it usually recognises and then allows me to print or scan or whatever I want to do.    I don't understand why I have to do this everytime the printer has been switched off and  I want to do something like print or scan and would be grateful for any hints on how to fix it.   Thanks  Dartsue

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 2 of 5 (2,425 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z(Network)

After power on does the printer even attempt to connect to the network? It usually takes several seconds for the printer to reconnect to the network after powering on. Have you tried setting a static IP for the printer? It is Step six on the linked document below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02817031&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4083977&tmp...

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Honor Student
dartsue
Message 3 of 5 (2,419 Views)

Hi Binary-Zen

Thanks for email and response.

The printer does not connect to the network even after I have left it a few minutes.   If I try to print my computer says it cannot connect with the printer and to re-enter the IP number but if I put in the security password for the network it will let me print or scan. 

I have tried clicking on the URL you have pasted onto the reply but it will not go anywhere and when I pasted it into my browser it said there was no such document.   Is it possible to post the URL again?

Many thanks for your help.

Dartsue

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 4 of 5 (2,417 Views)

Here's the URL. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02817031

Hopefully the static IP helps with this issue.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Honor Student
dartsue
Message 5 of 5 (2,400 Views)

I have taken a look at the document via the link you have sent and its rather too technical for me.   Isn't there anything simplier that can be done?   I will just have to keep putting in the encryption key for the network each time I want to use the printer - if I had know this was going to happen each time I wouldn't have brought it.   Definitely would not recommend HP printers to anyone.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation