Question

Honor Student
Osvaldob
Message 1 of 5 (837 Views)

HP Officejet 7210 All-in-One printer Drivers error in Windows 8.1

I'm runnin Windows 8.1 (64).

Downloaded the HP Officejet 7210 All-in-One printer Drivers ( AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408.exe) , installed (extract files) and the software runs. When I click the option Install there is an error : " The system cannot find the file specified" .
 I also have problems with the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows (hppiw.exe). It recognize my 7210 networked printer, acknowledge that the software is there but basic functionality appear to be configured incorrectly or missing.WHen click next he goes to a screen to help me find a printer and not help me with the software

Honor Student
Osvaldob
Message 2 of 5 (822 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 7210 All-in-One printer Drivers error in Windows 8.1

MOre Information .

Tried the procedure below (found in another post)  withou exit:

I have researched your error message and the Msiexec.exe error and it is an issue with windows installer. I recommend restarting your windows installer.

To do this:

1. Run "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks).

2. Double-click "Windows Installer" in the Services list.

3. Click Stop and click OK.

4. Click Start and click OK.

Restart you computer and try the install again.

Waiting for an answer.

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 3 of 5 (781 Views)

Hi Osvaldob. Let me first state that I do not know how to resolve this issue off the top of my head. I do however, have a few ideas which might help. First thing to note, is that you should not have your printer connected to the computer until the software tells you to connect it.  Equally as important; you should first disable any antivirus software that you have.

While this is not your specific issue, there are some steps that I suggest you take in this document: The Progress Bar on the Software Installation Stops or Stalls. Expand the "Windows 8" section,  and find "Solution two" and complete the instructions in Step two, to step five.

After those steps, procede to download a new copy of the drivers (make sure you delete the old one that is still probably in your Downloads folder). Also make a note of the size and make sure it is not stopping before it is completed: HP Photosmart and Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers [413.46M]

See if the error persists at that point, and let me know.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Osvaldob
Message 4 of 5 (757 Views)

TwopointOh,

thanks foryour suggestions but they didn't work. I think the issue has nothing to do with ANti-virus or having or not the printer connected. The issue is with the installer of the driver that is not doing what is supppose to do. when the main screen appear I have 2 oprions 1) Install 2) readme. Clicking Install gives me the error "The system cannot find the file specified" . Clicking read me the error is " Windows cannot find ' C:/Users/OSVAL"1/AppData/Local/Temp/7zS2F4/setup/Readme/.lang/Readme.html" . Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.

I think the issue is with the  installer of the driver.

Thanks

Osvaldo

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 5 of 5 (737 Views)

Hi Osvaldob, sorry for the delayed response. I have been doing some research, and have found that a level 3 uninstall, and reinstall should rectify the issue. If it does not, then you could have some operating system issue interfering with the install.

It has been awhile since I have done one of these, so I will try to recount the steps from memory. First disconnect your printer. To do a level 3 uninstall, you need to find the extracted install files location, which can be found by pressing Win+R to open the run box. Then type %temp% and click OK. This will bring you to your temp folder, and it might have a lot of folders and files to sift through. What you need to find is a yellow folder beginning with 7z. You may have multiple, just go to the one created most recently. You can determine this by changing the folder view to 'details', which should display the date. If there is no such folder, you will have to run the downloaded install program so that it will extract the necessary files for you. You do not want to move any further in the install than is necessary to extract the 7z* folder.

In the 7z folder, you are looking for a Utils folder, in that folder locate a CCC folder. In there, you should see several uninstall_Lx files. Look for the L3 or  right click on it, and run as admin. It shouldn't appear to do much, you might see a few black windows pop up, and no confirmation of completion will show. It is at this point, that you will want to delete all of your %temp% folders/files that you can, and disable all startup items that you can, including security. If you have the installer open, you will have to close it to delete most files. Restart your computer and run the installer, following the install instructions. If this works, test scanning and printing and then enable your startup items, and security software. Restart and test again.

Let me know how this turns out.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation