Question

Honor Student
BobInHope
Message 1 of 26 (4,959 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909G – The HP Imaging Device was not found

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless A909G.  My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit that was upgraded from the original Windows Vista 64bit that came installed on my HP Pavilion Elite m9400t CTO Desktop PC.

After performing the Windows 7 upgrade I installed OJP8500vA909_Full_13 to support the 8500, and everything worked fine.

I recently noticed that the scanner function had stopped working from Solution Center, and uninstalled V13.  I downloaded and installed OJP8500vA909_Full_14.  The install completes without error, but then I get scanner error “The HP imaging device was not found”  with extended error code 8, [(1,0, -2147221164)].

I have performed all the suggested Solution Center steps to resolve the error without success. Including:

1) Updated the firmware to OfficejetPro8500A909g_R1006B_ENG

2) Ran OJP8500vA909_Corporate_Scrubber_14

3) Uninstalled all programs, deleted %temp% files, and changed the startup using MSCONFIG.

4) Deleted all other imaging programs including camera software, and reinstalled.

5) Performed HP Update and installed network fix.

I have performed these steps many times and keep getting the same error.   The scanner works using the front panel function “Scan to network folder.

Please help.

Grad Student
Jholder
Message 2 of 26 (4,949 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909G – The HP Imaging Device was not found

First of all, i am sorry to hear your having a problem with your Scanning Feature on your PC. How is the computer and printer connected together?

Please download and run the following tool. This is what we call the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility.  After downloading and running the tool, can i have you reply with the problems (if any) it finds.  Thanks so much!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-96509-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an HP Employee.
Honor Student
BobInHope
Message 3 of 26 (4,944 Views)

The printer is connected via wired Ethernet, but I have also tried USB with the same error.

Diagnostic scan results:

1) Driver, “the scan driver is missing or corrupt”

2) HP TWAIN SCAN,  “Scanner is not responding”.

3) HP Scan flow manger, “Some HP software components are missing”.

4) Front panel, “The HP scan diagnostic utility has detected some issues with the printer front panel settings”.

All other diagnostics passed.

Grad Student
Jholder
Message 4 of 26 (4,937 Views)

I just sent you an Email with directions.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
I am an HP Employee.
Honor Student
BobInHope
Message 5 of 26 (4,931 Views)

I don’t see the 7z folder or HP folder in %temp%.

I may have deleted it from %temp% during my many attempts to fix the problem.  So I uninstalled V14 and reinstalled all components.  After the reinstall I still don’t see the 7z folder in %temp%.

Grad Student
Jholder
Message 6 of 26 (4,929 Views)

Either download the full driver again from our website or here  Or run the download you previsouly downloaded

I am an HP Employee.
Top Student
jed34
Message 7 of 26 (4,854 Views)

It appears that I have a similar problem.  I have done everything that BobInHope did until you emailed him instructions.  I have the extended error information 8, [ (1,0,-2147024770)].  I ran the diagnostic utility and came up with problems in the following areas:

Driver:  "the scan driver is missing or corrupt. this requires an uninstall..."

HP Twain Scan: HP solution center executable present in the system.  However, a box "HP Scanning" opens stating "A required software component was not found or was improperly installed..."    Extended error code:  4,[(2,0,80040154),(0,0,0),(3,56,0)].  After about two minutes (when I was typing this) a yellow triangle with an ! in it comes up with the message in the box changing to " The Twain component is not functioning correctly because the product is being used by another process. Without this component, you cannot scan..."

HP Scan Flow Manager: Yellow triangle with !. box states: "some HP software components are missing. this could happen with a driver-only installation or an incomplete installation..."

Front Panel:  Yellow triangle !. the box states: "The HP Scan Diagnostic Utility has detected some issues with the printer front panel settings. Click 'fix' to resolve these issues."

I have windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) with a wired ethernet connection running from computer to router to scanner.

Grad Student
Jholder
Message 8 of 26 (4,844 Views)

Try restarting the computer and printer.. and rerun the SDU

I am an HP Employee.
Top Student
jed34
Message 9 of 26 (4,840 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have reset both multiple times. After my last post I unplugged the printer for a couple minutes and then plugged it back in.  Tonight I will do the requested resets and rerun of sdu.

Thanks for the quick response

Grad Student
Jholder
Message 10 of 26 (4,835 Views)

let me know how it goes

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation