Question
HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909G – The HP Imaging Device was not found
Replies (25)

Top Student
jed34
Message 11 of 26 (2,519 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909G – The HP Imaging Device was not found

Okay, I did the reset of the printer and the computer and still have the same problem.  I should note that my laptop does not have the same problem. Three minutes ago I scanned a document from the scanner to a file on the laptop.  The laptop is connected wirelessly to the router which is wired to the printer. 

The Desktop computer which is the one giving me the problem still has the scanner problem.  Not only does HP solution center indicate that there is a scanner error but when I have the desktop on and then turn on the printer a little popup box comes up in the lower right corner stating that there is a problem with the scanner.  The printer works though, as I printed google map directions earlier today. There is just something wrong betweem the desktop and the scanner.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Student
Sonny_HP
Message 12 of 26 (2,511 Views)

hi JHOLDER can you also send me an email about the steps that you've sent.. i might also having the same prolem.

Top Student
Odinsleipner
Message 13 of 26 (2,401 Views)

I'm not sure why this is marked as a solution. This does nothing to correct the problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software over five times. I have updated network drivers, updated printer firmware and reinstalled version 14 of the software. I have five workstations in my office that all have the same OS, connected the same way and my computer is the only one that gets a scanner error. There are complaints all over the web about this problem and not one solution that I can find. I would like to scan to my computer and not have to use a USB drive for every document. Where is the solution HP?

Grad Student
Jholder
Message 14 of 26 (2,390 Views)

Can i have you open a new thread please.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an HP Employee.
Top Student
Odinsleipner
Message 15 of 26 (2,379 Views)

Why do I need to open a new thread for the same error and problem?

Grad Student
Jholder
Message 16 of 26 (2,377 Views)

This thread is marked as solved by the original customer and for most people would be marked closed.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
I am an HP Employee.
Grad Student
Jholder
Message 17 of 26 (2,376 Views)

and because its an older ticket (i think it was opened 4 months ago) not many other people will view this current thread. by opening a newer ticket will get more eyes on it and more thoughts on how to resolve your specific issue.

I am an HP Employee.
Top Student
jed34
Message 18 of 26 (2,363 Views)

I just searched and couldn't find a new thread yet. As you can see from my posts, there was no solution given by HP. I was briefly helped by Jholder but it did not help; then he stopped responding and no one at HP picked up where he left off.  I did everything I could think of (uninstalls, resets, unplugging plugging back in, cleaning files, etc.) but nothing worked. Eventually I said screw it and I re-installed the operating system.

SO at this point the only solution that is guaranteed to work is to reformat the hard drive and reinstall the operating system. (Now we can mark solved).  I do realize most people will not want to take this option, however, it has worked for the last 2.5 months without any problems.   If you go down this drastic route don't install updates. My printer start malfunctioning after I click update on the pop-up from HP updates (comes up every now and again on the lower right). Since the reformat I click cancel and have had no problems.

Honor Student
FranckPG
Message 19 of 26 (2,267 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909G – Scanner Error - The HP Imaging Device was not found.

Dear  HP Support Friends,

I have faced to the same issue here below report:

Printer HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 909g new, delivered on 02/02/2012.

I have tried everything possible to make the HP Solution Center works with the Scan function but IT is IMPOSSIBLE to succeed and to get a solution from HP Support !!!!!

It is really unacceptable to sell material including CD installation without being 100 % certain to be able to support your CUSTOMER !! I can read multiple claims, request of support, questions and ..... from yours customers regarding this same issue. Shame on you.

The last feedback I ve got from your site from a customer is to re-install all OS !!! Are we crasy?

Please could you ask your internal technical customer support to dedicate 15 min of their time to at least try to find a SOP in order to fix this critical issue. Please fix this HP Solution Center Scanner Error Issue as soon as possible. It is in my point of view incredible.

Here below same request of mine of one of your numerous customer!!

Don't sell equipment if you don't know how to fix this kind of stupid issue.

Sorry for the tone of this claim but I have wasted one week on this issue and not yet find a solution.

The only solution I have found after one week is to use Paint to scan !!! Such a shame from my point of view.

Please call me or send me an email asap.

Thank you again.

Franck G

HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909G – The HP Imaging Device was not found[ New ]

It appears that I have a similar problem.  I have done everything that BobInHope did until you emailed him instructions.  I have the extended error information 8, [ (1,0,-2147024770)].  I ran the diagnostic utility and came up with problems in the following areas:

Driver:  "the scan driver is missing or corrupt. this requires an uninstall..."

HP Twain Scan: HP solution center executable present in the system.  However, a box "HP Scanning" opens stating "A required software component was not found or was improperly installed..."    Extended error code:  4,[(2,0,80040154),(0,0,0),(3,56,0)].  After about two minutes (when I was typing this) a yellow triangle with an ! in it comes up with the message in the box changing to " The Twain component is not functioning correctly because the product is being used by another process. Without this component, you cannot scan..."

HP Scan Flow Manager: Yellow triangle with !. box states: "some HP software components are missing. this could happen with a driver-only installation or an incomplete installation..."

Front Panel:  Yellow triangle !. the box states: "The HP Scan Diagnostic Utility has detected some issues with the printer front panel settings. Click 'fix' to resolve these issues."

I have windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) with a wired ethernet connection running from computer to router to scanner.

Student
jongan1
Message 20 of 26 (2,166 Views)

Hi, I have the exact same issue except the software is the n version.  Can I get the solution you offered?  Vista pro officejet 8500 wireless.  I think that in the past I had to use another flavor of hp printer software for it to install (different model even)  but that was when the machine had a warranty.  Now many $ for the issue to be solved by customer support   TIA, if you can, John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation