Question

Top Student
dtrexler
Message 1 of 8 (578 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909g Series ADF Issue

I received a replacement all-in-one printer in early December 2011.  I just tried to scan a document using the ADF.  I put the paper in the ADF tray and nothing happens.  The printer doesn't see the paper in the ADF.  Is this a hardware failure or have I missed something with the ADF communications/sensors? 

Teacher
RickeyP
Message 2 of 8 (574 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909g Series ADF Issue

When you put the page in the ADF does it say "original loaded" on the front panel of the printer?  Try making a simple copy from the ADF too & let me know

Although I work for HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Top Student
dtrexler
Message 3 of 8 (573 Views)

No.  The front panel does not say that an original has been loaded when I set the pages in the ADF.

Intern
nic123
Message 4 of 8 (564 Views)

Please try to call HP support.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/contacthp?cc=us&lc=en

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

***Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left***

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.**
Honor Student
blbafcpres
Message 5 of 8 (478 Views)

I cleaned all of the parts I could see and still have the line along the middle of the page when I use the ADF. There is no line when scanning or copying from the glass. I tried to take apart the ADF but was unsuccessful, please advise.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 6 of 8 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello blbafcpres

If you have not already please try the following article. It may help resolve your issue.

Lines in Copies, Scans, or Faxs

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
blbafcpres
Message 7 of 8 (467 Views)

Thanks I tried this already. Cleaned everything that I could find

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 8 of 8 (463 Views)

Hello blbafcpres

Have you cleaned the glass under the ADF? It gets overlooked quite often. The following link also has a video and plenty of diagrams. More than likely that is the culprit.

Horizontal Lines on Copies

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation